« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2024, 4:28 pm »

I've sorted the lights now  ;D   My mistake  :o

I used plug in type lights on the trailer and what I hadn't realised/noticed was that the marker light plugs can go either way round, so it turns out I had put them the wrong way round  ::) :-[ .  I took the rear light lens off and everything looked OK, but when I took the auxiliary plug off I noticed the earth & live on that side where not the same as in the light unit and I had put the plugs on the wrong way round

Anyway sorted now  ;D

« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2024, 1:49 pm »

The trailer is meant to be having its IVA test on Friday, so I thought I had better make sure all the lights are working after what happened in November.  I plugged the trailer into the car trailer socket and everything worked  ;D ;D .  I then switched the lights off and turned them back on again and only the near side lights worked  ??? >:( :-X   

I've had a quick look, checked the plug wires they seem ok.  Removed the number plate light, nothing obvious in there.  Took the lens off the rear side marker and it was about a 1/3rd full of water.  I'm thinking this is most likely the cause, as the live feed was under the water and so was one of the light fixing screws securing it to the trailer.  I'm thinking " hoping" this is the issue.  I have now put the live wire at the top of the light and the earth at the bottom and also cut a little slot in the bottom of the lens to let any future water out.