« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2024, 10:12 pm »

Next to useless!
Simplest option is a Lidl/Aldi 1Kg powder extinguisher (with pressure gauge) - you'll need to wait until they stock them but they are the cheapest option (usually under £10 each).  Powder is a good extinguisher but makes a serious mess (I wouldn't have one indoors!).  You need two in any water craft (when you need one you REALLY need it to work!).  Ideally mounted horizontally to avoid powder compaction (or give them a shake once a year when you check the charge).
I've tested one of those under real world conditions! It put out a petrol engine fire no problem.  :)  I buy some any time they come in stock for our machinery.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2024, 10:24 am »

Next to useless!
Simplest option is a Lidl/Aldi 1Kg powder extinguisher (with pressure gauge) - you'll need to wait until they stock them but they are the cheapest option (usually under £10 each).  Powder is a good extinguisher but makes a serious mess (I wouldn't have one indoors!).  You need two in any water craft (when you need one you REALLY need it to work!).  Ideally mounted horizontally to avoid powder compaction (or give them a shake once a year when you check the charge).

« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2024, 9:58 am »

I was looking at fire extinguishers for the Marlin and came across an extinguisher called fire safety stick: Home - Fire Safety Stick

My initial thoughts were that's pretty good, as compact & light weight, ideal for keeping onboard the hover.  Apparently they even work if the get wet.  The cost is pretty high at around £80 each.

I then started to look for reviews about the fire safety stick "there are plenty of them out there" here is one of them:

Never trust the Element Fire Extinguisher!! (youtube.com)