« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2024, 5:03 pm »

Another video "At full speed??? They Quote 20mph cruise and top speed 50 mph +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2rgOh6BkIU

« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2024, 4:51 pm »

It appears to almost stop once in the water!!!

« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2024, 10:37 am »

There seems to be a considerable lack of honest assessments regarding where they ARE, and / or where SHOULD they be with reference to commercial competitors, in all aspects-
Yes the bank launch mode equation  of
 River bankslope + wet plastic sheet = "not much?"

I can't be bothered to list all the issues -
Because they can't- why should we?! :-X
I do however feel sad that so much effort and money is ploughed relentlessly into this project, without any apparent self appraisal, nor improvements  :'(
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2024, 6:51 am »

The high performance "launch mode" is amazing!
Words fail me  :-X
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2024, 7:15 pm »

The high performance "launch mode" is amazing!

https://youtu.be/oMEa0QwudE4?si=a8zfZ5YsVuCHKnW9

« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2024, 9:22 am »

Only way I can see that hover going 50 mph + top speed, is if it went over a water fall or down a very steep ice covered hill.

;)

« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2024, 2:40 am »

Only way I can see that hover going 50 mph + top speed, is if it went over a water fall or down a very steep ice covered hill.

;D ;D ;D

« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2024, 11:35 am »

Oh I genuinely wish it was soooo much better.  :'(
So much effort, down so many blind (already explored) creeks. (Paddles optional)
WHY explore creeks that are not supported by physics or history or your successful business competitors?
Changing to ELECTRIC (with POORER power to weight ratio compared to ICEngines) before an actually working craft is achieved seems  ---"brave".
Other words are available.
Declared "pollution free" - BUT- ONLY if electricity was obtained from renewables, and craft made using renewable energy sources. 
With such a high cushion loading (heavy AND small area) spray is guaranteed to be monumental- mix with electric motors =  :(

As said, roll stability is quite frightening IMHO. Chances of a tuck in= rollover is perhaps "considerable"?
One subsequent event = litigation (especially in USA)
Perhaps a stroll over to Amphibious Marine (not far away?) would have saved so much wasted effort "failing to reinvent the wheel" and STILL they go on.
I guess they preferred to go their OWN way in wheel development market  and HAVE ended up with a
novel wheel that barely works in the dry when new, and looks strange and can be dragged reluctantly (like a disgruntled short legged dog at stool) across a nice green astro turf,---- AND costs a genuine fortune.
These occasional updates remind me of a couple who've "stepped down" (now living in LA).
Such a mess but at least its "entertaining" to catch up.
WHY do they do it?  ::)
Oh Very Dear Me.

The LOGO is an "M" WHEN its turned upside down.  :o
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2024, 10:49 am by Nick Flint »

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2024, 11:26 am »

So the logo's an Albatross ??

« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2024, 10:49 am »

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2024, 6:49 pm »

Hoverheight 3 or 4 inches - or about half what a useable hovercraft needs I would say. Roll stability is looks poor to me - even the tugging on those lines is making it roll I reckon . And because it's not up on its 'points' I'd say they are having to pull quite hard, even on that super smooth surface.

It has an empty weight around 430kg, which is likely about 200kg of batteries ("most of that is the batteries and motors" . At 240hp (see the sign on the stand) even the best batteries (say 200Whr/kg would last about 13 mins! At a reasonable cruise power that might be an hours duration with no reserve, or realistically 40 minutes. Not enough for my kind of cruising !

Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2024, 4:46 pm »

It seems to work really well, as long as you have a couple of mermaids attached to the hull, pulling you in the direction you want to go  :D

« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2024, 2:25 pm »

More from Von Mercier now with a price tag of $200,000 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?
I've yet to see this "White Elephant" get over the "HUMP" They appear to have now swapped to a Segmented Skirt!! Nothing like the original concept since adding the " Hover platform!!" In all videos it moves at walking pace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7_jurfzGK0