« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2024, 11:40 am »

You're so brave Ian.  8)
Stoic, with residual Yorkshire grit ;)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2024, 11:18 pm »

hmmm! ::)

I always fancied it too! It would be very special indeed with the right owner 🤔 sadly my pockets would prove inadequate for the task 😢 so I have to ‘put up’ with the forge 😀
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2024, 9:33 am »

hmmm! ::)

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2024, 7:59 pm »

Yep - the far water is flooded fields out to around a mile and half from the river. The house hasn’t been sold to my knowledge, but has had some emergency work done to prevent further collapse, such as a tin roof (looks like tiles nuts actually tin!). Interestingly, the floor level remains high  and dry, the house is built about 8 ft above the ground level. They knew what they were doing! You would need a boat though. An enterprising person could turn it into a superb house, the main accommodation is above the flood and if you added a floating parking area / pontoon with an attached boathouse you’d be set for all eventualities!!
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2024, 1:44 pm »

So is the far water a flooded field, and did you travel over it or avoid the 12 bore shotgun response? Looks well scary though. That nearly flooded house has just been sold hasn't it? I hope refurbishment efforts are not spoiled.

« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2024, 11:15 pm »

File Name: Floods
File Submitted: January 6, 2024, 11:15:08 PM

Hovering in the fields!!

Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK