« Reply #8 on: Jun 10, 2023, 3:34 pm »

Is it for the fill bits at the top of the skirt that goes from the top of the extending arms back to the hull?  If so, I would have thought curtain sider PVC would be well adequate for this as from memory it's just held in place with screws and not really going to experience any wear

« Reply #7 on: Jun 10, 2023, 10:55 am »

Thanks for your replies. I had already emailed them for a price and I had  also contacted a couple of companies here in case they had some off the roll but i haven't had a reply.
My skirt is all but complete apart for the extra width required to fit to the side extension arms. An oversight missing from the original order.

« Reply #6 on: Jun 10, 2023, 6:35 am »

For what it worth (not the original question) I had a quote from Pennel & Flipo in February 2023;

• Orcathane Light, 1000g/m2, €56.02/linear meter,
  • Orcathane Medium, 1355g/m2, €64.04/linear meter,
  • A Linear meter is 1000x1500mm (they do not do 3 meters wide)
  • Shipping was €150 Euros.
At that time they did not have any Orcathane Light Military Grey in stock. At around £930 for sufficient for a skirt in Feb I declined
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2023, 8:33 pm »

Might be worth a word with Pennel & Flipo to see if they've give you the name(s) of any RIB tube manufacturers in the UK that buy from them?  They also sometimes have roll-end offcuts available.

« Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2023, 8:20 pm »

This is Marine grade material and my skirt is welded so no glue to come apart. Anyway, I don’t think high temperatures will ever affect me here where I’m at!

« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2023, 6:08 pm »

Just returned from Loch Fyne where all manner of skirt problems were experienced due to the heat. The black skirt material absorbs heat at a greater rate than other colours (well known!) so today I put out some strips of Black - went up to 42 degrees with ambient 19 C and the grey went up to 30 only.
Next skirt will certainly be GREY to reduce the Syntic glue melting in the sun.
In Scotland the temps were much higher and the inside of the skirt was in a bag so temps there were huge 8)
I burnt my hand checking it, even tho we got in the habit of pushing the skirt under the craft.
I gather these materials are used to make lorry side screens so google them?
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2023, 6:31 pm by Nick Flint »
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2023, 5:12 pm »

Or know of a uk supplier?

« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2023, 4:07 pm »

Does anyone happen to have a 7m length of 1 or 1.5m wide Black Orcathane medium solas or light going spare they can sell me?

Cheers
Mark.