« Reply #10 on: Apr 25, 2023, 4:24 pm »

Thanks guys. This has been very interesting. cheers.

« Reply #9 on: Apr 25, 2023, 8:19 am »

Sensors - extra, and are again available from China as multi buys at really low prices.
Its doubtful you need a sensor "desperately"!  ;)
Search for NJK-5002C (it's a common industrial sensor - other 12v Hall sensors should also work).

« Reply #8 on: Apr 24, 2023, 8:41 am »

Sensors - extra, and are again available from China as multi buys at really low prices.
Its doubtful you need a sensor "desperately"!  ;) [size=78%] [/size]
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #7 on: Apr 23, 2023, 9:10 pm »

From the description in the ad you'd have to get the hall sensor, they're not expensive, still a good price.
There's no such thing as bad weather, you're just wearing the wrong jacket!!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 23, 2023, 2:24 pm »

Looks OK. Does it come with the sensor or is that an add on? last question  :D

« Reply #5 on: Apr 23, 2023, 1:22 pm »

85mm Tachometer Tacho Meter Gauge LCD Hourmeter 0-4000 RPM For Car Boat TruckOpens in a new window or tab

Less than £25! Perhaps rather frail but we'll see.
I hope this link works from Ebay (China) but doesnt take long. Various ranges available with hour meter. Cheaper than "marine alternatives" which may or may not be marine. Usual magnetic (Hall?) sensor set to about 40 degrees

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2023, 1:58 am »

Thanks. Where did you find it? Flea-bay has similar but Brand Names & $$$$. thanks again.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2023, 10:15 am »

Its just a full deflection Tacho 0---4,000 as the B+S engine only runs up to 3,400 rpm, with sensor NOW tilted around 40 degrees towards the approaching flywheel magnet. Works fine now as I get an early warning should the belts skid with moisture, and thus avoid engine over rev..
It also looks cool!  ::)

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2023, 4:54 pm »

Thank you, really enjoyed this. Great to see Jack taking the helm.  8) You peaked my interest with the new tacho.  ??? Info please.  ;) . cheers.

« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2023, 10:24 am »

Film of the visit early April with John and my grandson Jack.
Please remember the built in length adjusting modification tab (off button) ;)

https://youtu.be/YbgUuyXnoKQ