« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2022, 10:54 am »

Thanks - still learning!

i usually just do a quick scan over the clips I have then pick some random music that matches the 'look' of the clips.  Then, as you say, it's a matter of finding the musical transitions and filling in the gaps with video.

AFAIK you can use any music you want provided it's been published on YouTube (or is freely available to listen/view) by the artist OR their record company AND you don't monetise your video (i.e. earn money from advertising).   The music copyright holder can monetise your video should they wish which seems a fair trade to me.

The other thing I've learned when shooting is not to move the phone camera if the scenery is also moving - it seems to trigger the anti-shake stuff and makes a very jerky pan (you can see examples in this video as I obviously haven't learned yet!

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2022, 9:22 am »

SUPER job John.
I am certainly "of the opinion" that you need to find the music (first) that inspires you to make the movie),then fit the visuals in, as indeed you seem to have done so well here.
I have made a lot of videos and most "royalty FREE music" ----isnt. It costs.
Consequently, ive used most of the free favourites from "BENSOUNDS" others are left but they cost but strangely the costing ones are no better than free ones.  ::)  Where is this music from plz? Is it via youtube, as I haven't got around to trying their music as it appears you add the music after the visuals are uploaded, and as such I cant do that because I need to have control of titles, film, and music to blend it inside iMovie.
Very relaxing autumnal video to go with a nice cup of coffee perhaps?

Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2022, 11:14 pm »