« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2022, 8:22 pm »

Hi Gavin  i had  a problem similar  ones i
 traced it  done to the air filter being  to close to  the prop drawing air  away from the carb  it was making the fuel to rich . 
             Tom

« Reply #10 on: Sep 09, 2022, 5:19 pm »

I did a complete carb stripdown and clean but the problem is still there. I had the opposite problem on a Marlin, i.e it wouldn't pull to full revs. Multiple carb cleans didn't fix it, only replacing the carb sorted it in the end.

« Reply #9 on: Sep 08, 2022, 9:40 pm »

Gosh. Sounds like a carb problem on the thrust engine. It did have a problem once where it struggled on initial acceleration from idle but was cured by a carb strip and thorough clean.

« Reply #8 on: Sep 08, 2022, 5:16 pm »

You’re starting to worry me Gavin. Have the engines been a problem or have you gone for more power? I know I struggled to keep up with the BMW powered TS3 although I was told the design was for the amply powered Kohler.

Yes, the lift engine wouldn't run properly so I replaced it. The thrust engine was struggling to pull through low revs, would cut out and only restart with choke, so I'm fitting a new engine which may again be upgraded to a more powerful one in due course.

« Reply #7 on: Sep 04, 2022, 7:38 pm »

Hello capt Flint and thank you for asking after me. The good news is I’m still breathing but I must admit it’s been a s**t year I could have done without. Anyway, it’s good to see ‘you lot’ are still having hovering fun and you never know I may pop up in the flesh one day even if it’s without a hover machine.

« Reply #6 on: Sep 04, 2022, 7:31 pm »

You’re starting to worry me Gavin. Have the engines been a problem or have you gone for more power? I know I struggled to keep up with the BMW powered TS3 although I was told the design was for the amply powered Kohler.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2022, 4:29 pm »

Glad you've popped by Chris. Yes, the Purple Turtle has had some use this year despite my being away so much for work and pleasure.
The craft had a lift engine upgrade and is currently having the thrust engine replaced and the transmission modified. Hopefully it won't be too long before it's operational again.

« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2022, 1:35 pm »

High, Chris, sorry we haven't seen you recently. Hope youre well? Take care.
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2022, 10:49 am »

Just checked out this forum after months of absence and found a couple of videos showing the Purple Turtle alive and cruising once again. Great to see an expert at the controls too, I'm sure the craft appreciates it!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2022, 10:16 am »

I think I  was there with KingFisher 1 about 2014 ish? for the HCGB 50 years cellies???  and found the fort incredibly interesting. The whole place is atmospheric.
The Turtle looks to be cruising just fine?  8)
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2022, 6:10 pm by Nick Flint »
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2022, 3:56 pm »

I took one of my relatives over to Hoo Island in the Medway where he lived as a child. It's only a short hover over so not much of a cruise, but he was made up being able to relive many of his childhood memories.

https://youtu.be/KKhp8c4kw14