« Reply #10 on: Jun 19, 2022, 10:53 am »

Enjoyed the Pirates of loch Fyne theme.
There's no such thing as bad weather, you're just wearing the wrong jacket!!

« Reply #9 on: Jun 19, 2022, 10:39 am »

Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #8 on: Jun 16, 2022, 12:27 am »

I saw Nightwish in 2019 I think at Wembley, yes they are epic. Troy Donockly (the only English member of this Finnish band) is a great multi instrumentalist and his Uileann pipe playing is something else.
Maybe 2015 (full live video is here - extraordinary music!)?  Poet and the Pendulum is also excellent - dramatic, disturbing and beautiful all in one song).  Respect for anyone who can play the Uilleann pipes - they make bagpipes look easy!
« Last Edit: Jun 16, 2022, 10:17 am by John Robertson »

« Reply #7 on: Jun 15, 2022, 10:19 pm »

The soundtrack suits the video.

It was too short a trip for me this time, after all these years I still look forward getting out in the craft ......even in winter, probably should book therapy.
There's no such thing as bad weather, you're just wearing the wrong jacket!!

« Reply #6 on: Jun 15, 2022, 9:12 pm »

I saw Nightwish in 2019 I think at Wembley, yes they are epic. Troy Donockly (the only English member of this Finnish band) is a great multi instrumentalist and his Uileann pipe playing is something else.

The hovercraft video is great as well  ;D

« Reply #5 on: Jun 15, 2022, 7:10 pm »

It was a wild ride the day of the sideways bit.
Gusty was not the word.
But enjoyable just the same.

« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2022, 5:28 pm »

I've got several copyright claims (some over two years old) but nothing seems to happen.  The copyright owner can monetise the videos if they wish so they can get paid if they want (no-one seems to bother as all of the music is already in the public domain anyway - on YouTube mostly!).
I "discovered" Nightwish a few weeks ago and they are absolutely epic - I've no idea why I'd never heard of them before but I'm definitely hooked now!

« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2022, 4:26 pm »

Wow, my favourite Nightwish track as background music (complete with Richard Dawkins). Surely you'll get a copyright strike for using that?   :o

« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2022, 2:52 pm »

Bravo Mr R! 8)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2022, 2:44 pm »

https://youtu.be/9e-kltB97MI
Cruising and camping around Loch Fyne.  Weather was a bit mixed but mostly dry with a few spectacular days and some very windy ones!
« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2022, 2:54 pm by John Robertson »