« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 11:17 am »

Yep, the front always reminded me of a turtle, hence the name as in attached photo.
Looks like it’s now found a new home in the south east with one of our club members which will be good as I know it will be looked after well.

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 10:01 am »

Purple Turtle! GOOD Name.  8)
I enjoy Hovercraft  maintenance and fiddling aspects luckily, as any (all) MY hovercrafting is always preceded by a hefty drive.
In That way, I get enough hours in- just not enough hours USE.
As ever- other hobbies weasel their way in, so have to be content with whats manageable.
Take care, Nick ;)

Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2022, 2:32 pm »

Thank you Nick. I did enjoy our hovercraft trips and often reminisce about Black Rock and cream tea at Portmeirion. Good times but hovercrafting has obviously slipped down my list of favourite pastimes and it’s not easy to ‘do them all’ so decided now is the time to let someone else enjoy the Purple Turtle.
Trust you are still getting enough hours in.

Chris

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2022, 10:03 am »

Ah sorry to see you are giving up hovercrafting. We had some good times and I wish you well with all your other hobbies!
Nick Flint
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2022, 5:24 pm »

After not properly using my TS3 for about 3 years I’ve decided to sell.

Purchased from Norfolk Hovercraft some years ago for £6500. I then put together a purpose built tipping bed trailer with electric winch etc at a further cost of more than £2500. Trailer tows and works really well.The craft has been dry stored so still in good condition and both engines work well. Although skirt is quite usable it is mostly the original so could benefit from new segments at some stage.Not sure what it would be worth today but I’m not a greedy person so make me an offer as I need the space in my barn for other things. Search on YouTube for TS3 hovercraft where there are plenty of videos of this purple hovercraft.
Located in west Wales.
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2022, 11:57 pm by John Robertson »