« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2018, 10:45 pm »

Hi John thanks for contacting Bob.Been trying a mod on the skirt tonight,will try the craft out tomorrow,the imfo on the hump was interesting,being a total novice this really valuable information.Allan.

« Reply #8 on: Mar 08, 2018, 10:41 pm »

hi John No luck on facebook, Could you contact Bob for me.Much appreciated Allan.

« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2018, 6:47 pm »

If he doesn't respond then let me know and I'll contact him for you.

« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2018, 9:28 pm »

Hi Thanks for the link to Bob Rennick.Tried friending him tonight,hope he accepts.
Allan.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2018, 12:12 am »

Bob Rennick, in Canada, recently refurbished a Skima 4 and sold it.  He may be a good resource to connect with.  Not sure if he is a member here but can be reached on Facebook via the Hoverclub of America.

« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2018, 10:50 pm »

Hi Ian Thanks for the reply,i'v only been working on the craft for a few months we purchased it from the Hovercraft Museum, in 2014.The Rear skirt was damaged after a couple of outings,never really went again since then.A skirt pattern would be a great help as i'v tried making replacement rear pockets with some success but still not right.The engine is a 503 twin carb and the fan is what was fitted when we purchased it 12 blade at a guess.A pattern to replace the whole skirt would be good.AST.

« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2018, 10:05 pm »

Hi

There's not a lot of information on them, they're a bit vintage these days. The Hovercraft Museum did have an operational one and might be worth talking to, especially about the skirt, they may have some information or even patterns.  Otherwise we can try and help from first principles.

First a few questions:

When was it last working well?
Has there been any changes recently, such as a new fan, belt, pulleys etc?
How many blades are in the fan?
What engine?
You mention the skirt, have you a reason to think it's in poor condition?

Ian
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2018, 9:22 pm »

Hi I'm a new member.I was wondering if any of you guys,have any information on a Skima 4(Tiger).The boat club I'm a member of has lift problems.Any info on the skirt would be appreciated.Regards AST.