cobraman

« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2012, 10:39 am »

always enjoy your videos john i remember going to kelso about 6 years ago
6 of us rode our lambrettas to the scooter rallies at kelso from barnstaple n devon only took us 12 hrs plus
lovely area  :) :) [size=78%] [/size]

« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2012, 8:23 am »

Wow, going over that low-head dam at 05:51 blindly not knowing the position of that drain culvert could be hazardous!  I guess you spotted it going upstream?
Yep  ;)

A lesson learned many years ago is to always go upstream first on a new/unfamiliar river (not that this one is to me) - that way you can see all the hazards and, hopefully, remember where they are on the downstream leg!  As can be seen from the video, weirs can be all but invisible until it's too late (and the video was shot standing up - on a smaller sit-down craft you would have no chance of spotting a dam until you were a few feet away).  On this trip the there was a VERY droopy telecom cable spanning a wide part of the river (clearance was only about 4ft in the centre so I had to go onto the bank at one side to get past).

« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2012, 6:27 am »

Wow, going over that low-head dam at 05:51 blindly not knowing the position of that drain culvert could be hazardous!  I guess you spotted it going upstream?
www.hovernut.com
Hoverclub of America, Amphibious Marine & SEVTEC Kits

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2012, 9:30 pm »

Good one John, weather was similar here so got out on the Feale and Galey.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2012, 8:24 pm »

nice work once again Jr never get tired looking at this stuff.

« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2012, 8:19 pm »

Weather today has been spectacular - blue skies, warm (while the sun was up!).  Took a trip down the North Sea coast to Lindisfarne.  Sea was calm but had a BIG swell meaning I couldn't get near to the shore due to the size of the breakers  ??? .  I then went upriver from Berwick to to Kelso (about 30 miles) passing beautiful autumn foliage.  The river was very high again (it's never been low this year!).  About five hours solid cruising (plus  20 minutes for lunch!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzlGxbRHYaM#

GPS track is attached if you want to see where I've been (open it in Google Earth)
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2012, 11:31 am by John Robertson »