saor gaoith

« Reply #9 on: Jun 17, 2012, 9:29 pm »

Hi Donal. Welcome aboard. I'm based in Dublin and chairman of the Irish Hovercraft Club. We will be down along the Shannon during the last week of July. Before that we will have a small get together down in Tralee in 2 weeks time. As it happens, one of the lads, although based in Dublin, keeps his Vortex down in Mullingar. If I can be of any help, or you just want to chat, give me a call any evening after 6 on 0872507004, or any time over the weekend.

Donal

« Reply #8 on: Jun 14, 2012, 10:45 pm »

:D thanks guys I appreciate the warm welcome! Donal

« Reply #7 on: Jun 14, 2012, 1:38 pm »

WELCOME! Speaking from a totally personal view point,,,, Whilst I love older cars (and women! ,,,I have no option!) I firmly believe it more sensible to invest time/money into more modern craft. Otherwise you are basically locked into 60s thinking / building  and ignoring the advances in noise attenuation, (and other emissions)/efficiency/payload etc. Meet up with the guys and beg, buy, steal, a ride and you will be "Blown Away"!  ;) G N Flint
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #6 on: Jun 13, 2012, 6:10 pm »

Glad you found us Donal, the rest Irish contingent (phillip being the first) will no doubt be along soon to make you feel at home, they will no doubt fill your head with thoughts of the wondrous week of cruising and partying they are about to put on! enjoy!!!
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2012, 5:57 pm »

Welcome Donal, there are a few of is about on this island :) Just back from a meeting in Tullamore myself and live near Tralee. There was a hoverhawk for sale last year down Waterford way, is that the one you mean?
Pity anything with power has a problem on Owel and Ennel due to local by laws .
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2012, 6:32 pm by Philip »

« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2012, 9:27 am »

brilliant donal were just north of glasgow welcome neighbour lolol :D ;D ;D

Donal

« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2012, 9:26 am »

Just outside Mullingar co Westmeath in Ireland ! Not that far, in middle of the Lakeland area. Cheers

« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2012, 9:19 am »

hello and welcome donal, where are you from regards sandy

Donal

« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2012, 9:18 am »

Hi all , donal here just new to the forum ! Thanks gaz for the link to here, I hope to get a hovercraft over next few months. My dream would be to get something like a hoverhalk project or something similar from 60s or 70s, i missed out on one some time ago and still regret it.and re build , hopefully it's possible . Looking forward to any advice!
Cheers
Donal Flynn