Linked Events

• Bognor Cruise: Sep 04, 2011

« Reply #9 on: Sep 05, 2011, 5:52 pm »

We were on a weekend break in a caravan at Selsey and I had similar thoughts, "will he, won't he?" It is a good job that they did not go around Selsey Bill as it would have been too rough. It got quite bad on the Life Boat Station side later in the afternoon. Glad my half of Vorspray is OK!!! ;D

Mike S

gavinparson

« Reply #8 on: Sep 05, 2011, 9:15 am »

Conditions were no different this morning when me and Paul Sparrow had the "do we, don't we, it'll be all right" conversation at Bognor Slip this morning.

Chris made it clear who it was in his original post.  ::)

« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2011, 8:19 am »

Looks like Paul sparrows. He had it up at loch Fyne last year. It went well.
There's no such thing as bad weather, you're just wearing the wrong jacket!!

Russ Pullen

« Reply #6 on: Sep 05, 2011, 4:16 am »

Who's is the Marlin Chris?

« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2011, 8:54 pm »

Looks like some good rough stuff there...

I spent the day cleaning the Sev after last weeks run, and fixing the bumper on the Nissan which was kicked/leant/headbutted in by a frisky cow!!!! They also licked it from top to bottom... bizarre!

Ian
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2011, 6:58 pm »

Sounds like I was lucky, I off loaded the ASV at the top of the ramp and flew down and back up, wasn't out for long! too bloomin rough!
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2011, 6:25 pm »

Yes they were there. The Vitara is still sick, so we were allowed to drive ourselves onto the beach to offload the craft.

« Reply #2 on: Sep 04, 2011, 6:06 pm »

has the guy that slips the jetskis in the rusty Vitara fixed his starter motor yet? he had to bump start it every time when i was there a few weeks back!
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2011, 5:35 pm »

Glancing out of my window I see the leaves on the trees are upturned and clinging to the branches in the stiff breeze...
Conditions were no different this morning when me and Paul Sparrow had the "do we, don't we, it'll be all right" conversation at Bognor Slip this morning.
I knew that to the east the water is always calm at low tide no matter the wind strength. To the west lay new unexplored territory to me. We headed west. As it turned out the only rough bit lasted several miles local to Bognor, conditions calmed down in lee of Selsey, though we didn't fancy rounding the peninsular so we called it quits at the lifeboat station. In an about turn we now headed west to Littlehampton, which meant going through the Bognor chop again, but once through the chop the sea was exactly as I'd predicted, very calm. At Littlehampton Paul & son Josh swapped hovers, Josh now driving the Fish with Paul riding pillion in Vorspray. The heavens opened on the home run, so much so that my face felt like a rusty piece of iron being sandblasted.
All in all it was a 25 mile cruise. I look forward to cruising from here again and cruising further given good weather.

Cheers
Chris
P.S. Here is the footage (I'd have liked to have pictured more of the rough stuff but couldn't drive it one-handed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17vUyB21T_E#
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2012, 4:09 pm by John Robertson »