implanecrazy

« Reply #23 on: Jul 22, 2011, 8:14 pm »

I felt obliged today to go out on the water and hover around for about an hour & a half.  "Well I had to make sure my new belt worked" ;D .  The new belt did start to slip after about an hour, not badly, so I pulled ashore and tightened the belt and it seemed OK after that.  I think it had stretched a bit.
I tried to stop some of the spray getting onto the lift belt by placing a foam PVC cover either side of the engine frame.  I think it helps a bit but not much.
I am wondering now if the reason I didn't have this trouble before is because the old skirt wasn't right so maybe didn't produce the spray in the same quantities or in a different part of the skirt, so less water spray was hitting the belts & thrust prop.

I managed a respectfull 26 knotts  while out playing, so there is not that much wrong with the craft. ;D

While out on the water I done a small favour for the local sailing club.  They had placed a marker buoy at the top end of one of the islands in the middle of the loch a couple weeks ago when they had a yacht race.  I was speaking to one of the members yesterday & asked if the buoy was meant to be there and he said that the club rescue boat broke down so they were unable to collect the marker buoy back.  So I said I can fetch it for them if they want me to, so I did :) .  That was my good deed for today ;D ;D .  When I arrived back on shore with it another sailing club member had just finished repairing the club boat and was just about to go and retrieve the buoy, so I saved him a job.

implanecrazy

« Reply #22 on: Jul 21, 2011, 6:19 pm »

My belts arrived today ;D they are much harder than the medway belt I had on there last time.  It is hard to believe how much softer the Medway belt is compared to the old Dynam or the new Fenner belts.  The Medway is softer to the touch and more flexible side to side.  As I said before I may have a rouge belt, but I will never use a Medway belt again unless it is a temporary measure to get me out of trouble.
I only got 5% discount though :( so not sure if that is because BB had to order the belt in as it was not a stock item for them or they made a mistake.  Anyway its not worth the hassle phoning them to find out as the main thing is, I have my belts and looking forward to playing tomorrow on the water ;D ;D

OH by the way!  Did I mention I am going out to play tomorrow ;D ;D ;D ;D and hopefully every day for the next week or so ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

gavinparson

« Reply #21 on: Jul 20, 2011, 9:14 pm »

I came home all expected to find that Bearing Boys had sent me the replacement pulley I'd been waiting for. :) .

Hooray, it takes the 1610 taperlock bush. But then I noticed that it was an SPZ profile and not an SPA!!!!!
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

This is getting f'in annoying now

gavinparson

« Reply #20 on: Jul 18, 2011, 8:50 pm »

BB replaced my belt today, for the proper profile woo hoo!

he gavin, we will be flying again around about the same time, race ya :)

I think you'll have the edge over me unless you want to make it an economy trial in which case I'll win. ;)

« Reply #19 on: Jul 18, 2011, 5:43 pm »

BB replaced my belt today, for the proper profile woo hoo!

he gavin, we will be flying again around about the same time, race ya :)

gavinparson

« Reply #18 on: Jul 18, 2011, 5:12 pm »

I spoke to BB today and the apologised for the mistake and said they had the pulley for a 1610 taperlock in stock and were sending it out today. Whoopee!  :D

Also the tension roller will be in the same delivery.

I should have the transmission all done very soon then.

Jon Pert

« Reply #17 on: Jul 18, 2011, 7:49 am »

Any chance we could get a club discount from either - hint, hint  ;D ;) ;)

I'll see what I can do. The only problem with Brammer is that they do not have a webshop to apply a discount code to so it would have have to be reliant on the branches 'knowing' us, this could be tricky. I'll have a chat with them and see what the best option is.

« Reply #16 on: Jul 17, 2011, 10:36 pm »

..... I know I can get mahoosive discount from Brammer, haven't asked Hayley yet...

Any chance we could get a club discount from either - hint, hint  ;D ;) ;)

gavinparson

« Reply #15 on: Jul 17, 2011, 10:22 pm »

Hopefully BB will send me the correct pulley before next weekend. I've had a look online and clearly the item is available  if I need to source it elsewhere.

Jon Pert

« Reply #14 on: Jul 17, 2011, 4:41 pm »

Hayley are one of my distributors as is Brammer. I know I can get mahoosive discount from Brammer, haven't asked Hayley yet...

kevthehover

« Reply #13 on: Jul 17, 2011, 9:56 am »

Gavin,

I use these they are very competive and will deliver http://www.hayley-group.co.uk/

Kev

gavinparson

« Reply #12 on: Jul 17, 2011, 9:41 am »

Don't have time to run around suppliers unless they're open on a Saturday.
Weekend time is precious so don't want to waste it. Thank heaven for online suppliers and Ebay, even if they do get it wrong sometimes.

Andrew

« Reply #11 on: Jul 17, 2011, 9:17 am »

Why not try your local agricultural engineers? My local one (Bavenhill mechanics) were a bit dearer than an on line supplier, but, when we were fitting our variator and we bought an overlong belt, they were happy to change it. The other good thing about ag engineers is that they will know what is decent and what is not as they have first hand experience.

Cheers,

Andrew

« Reply #10 on: Jul 15, 2011, 7:09 pm »

they sent me the wrong type of htd belt, one with a square cross section, still not received the correct one, almost a week later :(

gavinparson

« Reply #9 on: Jul 15, 2011, 6:17 pm »

Everything that's arrived is Medway. Annoyingly the smaller pulley does not take the 1610 taperlock which I'd already bought.
Their website clearly shows it taking the 1610 and not an 1108 which the supplied pulley takes.

Also the tension roller is "to follow". So much for getting the transmission built this weekend.  :(
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2011, 8:26 pm by gavinparson »