Brian.G.Reynolds

« Reply #8 on: Apr 29, 2011, 8:50 pm »

I have cash flow at the moment.... all out!

Gis a call when ready me old mucker.

B.

« Reply #7 on: Apr 29, 2011, 8:43 pm »

love to but need to insure it first
only got the little osprey working at the moment still not finished the bbv due to cash flow

Brian.G.Reynolds

« Reply #6 on: Apr 29, 2011, 8:13 pm »

Hey Gazza, you don't say much, but when you do it always hurts!

How do you fancy a bit on the Humber sometime? Been a while.

And yes, a lot of head scratching recently... as you say, it goes with the territory...

B.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2011, 11:09 am »

hey Brian your going bald is it from the head scratchin that goes with hover ownership

Brian.G.Reynolds

« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2011, 12:03 am »

Just added Part 4, here.

Foregive the quality but I think there is some nice footage here for a change.

Especially if you like looking a John's rear!

B

EDIT, why is the link not publishing?
Try this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuDv3Id-fi4

Brian.G.Reynolds

« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2011, 12:01 am »

I have put some video onto YT of the event,

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BoI45lX3mA
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W16oHSKt34M
Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7k6yPcsixU
Part 4 on its way....
May not be of interest to most, but I like it! I must also apologise for the lack of quality and the camera rotating in its mounting! Not impressed!

B.

nj673

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2011, 10:36 pm »

Yes, well worth the effort and thanks John and son [Mark?] for taking the time to show us what to do, I learned a lot ! With Brian turning up for the sunday cruise and glorious weather all weekend what more could we have wished for?  My little Eagle never missed a beat all weekend and even introduced me, twice, to the fabled 'plough in' though it did so in an 'introductory' way.  Obviously leaving the getting catapulted out of the craft version to when I have some spectators!!! scarily FAST way of coming to a halt on water but definitely educational!!

« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2011, 9:08 am »

The northern event also went very well.  Saturday was the usual intensive exercises in Charlie's field (with it's slopes, hills and pond it's an excellent location for beginners).  Bill and Gordon soon picked up the basics and remembered them (well, most of the time  ;D ).  A good soaking during hump exercises certainly helps with memory problems  ;D

We met on the River Lune early Sunday morning for a cruise together with Brian R.  High tide was forecast to be around 11:35 but the mini-bore appeared around 9:30.  Pretty impressive as the river just instantly changes flow direction then starts to fill up like a bucket under a tap - within 20mins the craft that I'd parked on the road edge (about 7 meters above the water level) was virtually floating.  I'd forgotten to put the drain plug in (together with opening the fuel vent valve it must be the most common hover-silly!) so the bilge pump got some much-needed exercise!  It was to be a 9.9metre tide and, as predicted it flooded the roadway and lapped up the wall to the Golden Ball pub. 

We set off up river to the weir through Lancaster city centre just as the jetski guys appeared (easy launching for them with such a high tide!).  Trip to the weir was uneventful for the others, unfortunately I couldn't get under the railway bridge in Lancaster due to the high tide  :o .  I eventually crept under off-hover with about 6inch of clearance and a bent aerial then remembered that high tide was still an hour away so quickly returned under the bridge before I got trapped upriver  ::)

On return to the launch site we couldn't find space on the bank to land (too many jetskis by this time) so used the opposite shore (which was now flooded and consisted of vast area of grass islands in a sea of water. 

After a re-fuel we set off for the mouth of the estuary.  No mud or sand banks and just a vast area of shallow muddy water past the Docks at Glasson and around Sunderland point.  After a stop offshore it was decided that, due to fuel issues, the two "learners" would return back up river and practice on the wide section.  Brian and I then continued up the coast toward Morecambe.  The docks at Heysham were very busy (there was a line of ships to the horizon waiting to enter during the high tide).  These ships move a LOT faster than they appear to (you have to try to decide to go in front or behind - it's always a good idea to go behind as any problem isn't going to leave you sitting in the path of a 20000 tonne ship travelling at 15knots ??? ),  the wake behind a ship can be quite "interesting"!

The entire trip to Morecambe was uneventful and very relaxing - almost no wind, blue skies and virtually flat seas.  Craft just purred along at 20-25mph on half throttle using little fuel.

We landed on the main beach at Morecambe (it was pretty busy!) and had the obligatory ice cream and a bit of sitting around answering questions (and handing out club leaflets!) before re-fuelling and returning back down the coast.  Once again, a totally uneventful trip (the tide had started to go out leaving the three miles of sand/mud bank with only about 4" of water on it - you just slide along at barely above idle for miles.

There were no craft breakdowns or other problems - all in all a thoroughly enjoyable weekend - good company, interesting scenery and beautiful weather - what more could you want?
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2011, 7:48 pm by John Robertson »