« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2011, 8:13 pm »

If some one in the know bought that craft for under 2 grand they would have a bargain. Toss that motor in the skip and replace it with the bmw rs 1100 what a cracking craft.
Costs: craft 2k, engine wiring loom 900, belts bearings and blades 400, sundries 250 cracking project ready to go for 3550. Now thats a cheap usable craft.

You forgot the P&P and travelling cost to get the bits.  Living where I live would put another monkey on the price ??? 

And then there'd be all the peanuts to buy...
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

implanecrazy

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2011, 1:04 pm »

If some one in the know bought that craft for under 2 grand they would have a bargain. Toss that motor in the skip and replace it with the bmw rs 1100 what a cracking craft.
Costs: craft 2k, engine wiring loom 900, belts bearings and blades 400, sundries 250 cracking project ready to go for 3550. Now thats a cheap usable craft.

You forgot the P&P and travelling cost to get the bits.  Living where I live would put another monkey on the price ??? 

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2011, 12:12 pm »

I wouldnt necessarily trash the scooby - at a bit over 70hp it may not really have enough power, that would need some sums to be sure, but it is bulletproof and a nice low revving engine. The installation is poor though - check out that radiator (why do we not use smaller twin radiators mounted either side of the engine at an angle, with ducting to facilitate airflow? Could be very elegent). If the Scooby's not man enough, my choice would be a K series even if its a bit heavier & needs a rad.

But looks like an opportunity to get a worthwhile project.

Ian
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

Brian.G.Reynolds

« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2011, 9:59 am »

My Osprey was replaced by 2 of these craft for the ASRH but I have only ever seen them parked....

B.

gavinparson

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2011, 7:31 am »

I've only ever actually seen one Eagle 4 and that was blue and owned by Ken back in the early 90s. It does say that this craft was owned by the manufacturer so I guess this is the same craft.

I don't know why this craft never became popular. But as Bryan says, this could be a good craft with a good clean up and fitting of better mechanicals.

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2011, 9:26 pm »

Agreed Bryan,
A good capable craft there, so long as someone puts a bit of time/effort into it - but not expensive by any means....

Russ..
Russ..

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2011, 9:10 pm »

« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2011, 6:13 pm »

As ever, nothing to do with me, caveat emptor and all that

Looks like a pretty poor engine retrofit, so expect some work.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOVERCRAFT-Eagle-4-Project-/250791590410?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a6457fa0a
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK