implanecrazy

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 7:56 pm »

Definitely GoPro on a stick, the camera is incredibly easy to use and I'm lucky enough to have one myself. I'd highly recommend them to anyone.

Ian is yours a 1080 hd?  My son has a 1080 hd camcorder & I find it takes forever to upload an HD video to youtube.  I'm not sure if it is just youtube or his editing software  or if thats the norm for uploading HD videos to the internet?

I must admit I fancy a go pro camcorder, but there always seems to be something else thats I have to spend out on.

Brian.G.Reynolds

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 7:07 pm »

Just watching a few instruction video's on YouTube on these cameras... interesting.

No mention of a stick though, and no front screen so I suppose it is just a judgement call that he got correct.

B.

implanecrazy

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 6:05 pm »

I have just watched several of Dave's videos and in the last one I watched you could seehis arm moving into different positions as the camera angle altered.  Initially I thought he had a stick mounted on the craft, The video I just watched the stick or what ever he has used was not fixed or didn't seem to be.

He must have a steady hand.

Suwannee River Hover Cruise part 3

The second video of the three shows him starting then getting in the craft, but cant see any camera mountings in the craft.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 6:08 pm by Al »

Brian.G.Reynolds

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 3:22 pm »

Hi Ian, I am looking at these cameras at the moment, how did he use his?

I assume it is one on a stick as Gavin suggests but how did he know where to point it?

Is there some sort of screen he used?

Which model do you have? There seems so many of them?

I think I do not need the 1080p jobbie but do want the wide angle version.... am I right?

After using my ATC5K thing for the first time in anger and finding it less then good, I am looking for a change and I do love seeing where I have been....

B.

studlyone

« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2011, 3:49 pm »

Definitely GoPro on a stick, the camera is incredibly easy to use and I'm lucky enough to have one myself. I'd highly recommend them to anyone.

gavinparson

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2011, 11:57 am »

Looks a lot like back in South Africa, where I used to live, no grass, all the trees look dead, but there were no big trees like that. Sevs could struggle there, a few low branches and narrow bridge. Also there was that doing doughnuts at the end in the car park, guess that would be  a big NO NO here.

Must check my lotto ticket, maybe we can go cruise there next June, I'll pay for everyone. :P

Dunno, Comic Relief images of Africa make me never want to go there. Probably end up dead.  :o

atters

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2011, 8:17 am »

Looks a lot like back in South Africa, where I used to live, no grass, all the trees look dead, but there were no big trees like that. Sevs could struggle there, a few low branches and narrow bridge. Also there was that doing doughnuts at the end in the car park, guess that would be  a big NO NO here.

Must check my lotto ticket, maybe we can go cruise there next June, I'll pay for everyone. :P

implanecrazy

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2011, 9:02 pm »

That is a nice camcorder, but the £300 price tag is out of my league at the moment :(

« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2011, 8:07 pm »

Recent cruise in Florida - nice looking river apart from the alligators  ???   For you camera nerds out there I reckon the camera quality is superb (GoPro on a stick?).

Suwannee River Hover Cruise Part 2
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2011, 8:10 pm by John Robertson »