gavinparson

« Reply #1085 on: Nov 12, 2014, 11:34 pm »

I need a new trailer board number plate for my new van. Seems a bit unnecessary to have the V5 if the van is parked outside.

« Reply #1084 on: Nov 12, 2014, 8:32 pm »

I was told there from Scotland  where the law doesn't apply.

Kip

« Reply #1083 on: Nov 12, 2014, 5:54 pm »

They claim street legal and mine has  BS No AU 145D,  Whatever that means, and their post code

Kip

« Reply #1082 on: Nov 12, 2014, 5:48 pm »

The ones on ebay are sold as "Show Plates" and may not carry the BS*** number that makes them legal

PS:    BS*** is not shorthand for Bull Sh1t

PPS: I though a garage could replace plates like for like if they had sight of the vehicle and it was in for repair  :-\
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

Kip

« Reply #1081 on: Nov 12, 2014, 5:29 pm »

How come that if you want a Number plate from a dealer,  who has to be registered, you need the V5 and proof of identity.
Yet you can buy them street legal on Ebay with no checks at all.
Just bought one.
Daft world innit!!

Kip

PS, My camper failed the last MOT because my No plate had my little "All who wander" thingy.
Cost me £19.00 for new ones

« Reply #1080 on: Oct 16, 2014, 8:56 pm »

Talking about wooden PCs...  Check out the Lizard Desk http://www.awadon.eu/en/
Stunning piece of furniture.

studlyone

« Reply #1079 on: Oct 16, 2014, 7:51 pm »

LOL,. I hope you are back to full health again quickly.

I look forward to seeing the results of your handywork. Heath Robinson, eat your heart out.

« Reply #1078 on: Oct 16, 2014, 6:09 pm »

I'm a bit bored, as off work after knee op.

So I have started building a pc out of wood.
Found a single board computer in a skip at work.
Stripped down my old pc, and extracted the atx psu and the DVD drive. Spent £2.28 on eBay on a IDE to sata conveyer for the optical drive. Found a 400gig solid state hard drive in the bottom draw of the chest of draws and a 2gig gforce graphics card, which I never knew I had.
Bought a din to usb adapter for the old key board and mouse, £3.45 and found a dvi cable to.

The case is made out if a bit of kitchen cabinate and some old ply, I have used slats of a blond as edging strip and glued it together with grip fill and glue left over.from the laminate flooring!

Pics to follow, 64bit 3d grahics games pc, for under a fiver. Happy days!

« Reply #1077 on: Oct 11, 2014, 9:46 pm »

You or I are not the audience for this regulation- multinational vehicle manufacturers are.  They will use your money (every time you buy a car, new or second hand, you are providing them with "funds") to find loopholes, excuses, whatever to circumvent badly drafted regulations to increase profits for their owners or shareholders.  So, like it or not, if we want a quieter environment then we need stuff like this.  Common sense has nothing to do with it when it comes to money  :( .

« Reply #1076 on: Oct 11, 2014, 8:33 pm »

Here - came into force this year ...
John,,,, THAT is perhaps the most AWSOME piece of C£^P I have EVER NOT read! Its HUGE unreadable pseudoscience.
I feel I "should" thank John for this input, tho just perhaps his larconic hat was tilted at one jaunty angle?
Are UKIP voters actually voting AGAINST this and other stuff (as much as voting FOR people? Just a thought.
Lets big up our jobs/pay/departments? Yep that's the ticket. THEN we say nothing against all the OTHERS that are doing just the same. See you in the bar later Mr Kinnock/Mr Brown etc Harrumph. :(
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

Kip

« Reply #1075 on: Oct 11, 2014, 8:00 pm »

Oh My God

You can only despair at the staggering stupidity of the overpaid( By Us), underworked idiots who churn out this inoperable garbage.
Who the hell has the time or inclination to go through that lot to prove a vehicle is noisy?

A £10.00 noise meter and the so overlooked common sense is all you need.

UKIP, You have my vote

Kip

« Reply #1074 on: Oct 11, 2014, 7:42 pm »

At least when it comes into force a can report the turd that goes past my house at 5:45 each morning, that has an exhaust so load, the glasses rattle in the cupboard in the kitchen, it wakes the kids up! The man is a d1ckhead!

« Reply #1073 on: Oct 11, 2014, 5:52 pm »

Never in my born days have I seen such verbiage about a relatively simple issue.  Welcome to Europe  :'(

« Reply #1072 on: Oct 11, 2014, 5:41 pm »

Here - came into force this year ...

Kip

« Reply #1071 on: Oct 11, 2014, 4:57 pm »

It's a funny old world.

I have just realised that there is no legal noise limit for road vehicles and yet recreational vehicles are subject to a mass of scrutiny and discussion where ever they go.

No, I do not have a noisy motorbike but a new near neighbour has one hell of a noisy car, hence my research.

Just thought you might like to know.

Kip