« Reply #4 on: Jun 03, 2009, 9:26 pm »

The thing is you don`t need to bolt the air filter to the engine,it could be fitted lower down in the hover in a cleaner air position and linked to the engine air intake with  ducting.
There are loads of after market parts available out there , a lot of them are not designed for our type of environment
In the real world machines designed to work in dusty or wet environments have good quality filters fitted to prevent down time on the job, I don't think hovercraft's are any different

Trev

« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2009, 7:04 pm »

Jon is that air intake silencer the sort of thing members are fitting to reduce noise?

I would have thought the air filter element would have to be inside the box with a air duct feeding it to really bring the noise down or am i missing something
Filters in open air are noisy and clog up with water and dust really quick
not good for a hovercraft in my opinion.
Trev

« Reply #2 on: Jun 02, 2009, 1:22 pm »

I have two craft registered on Loch Lomond and have used it several times in the past launching from Balloch or Milarrochay Bay.  I've not used it since they introduced extensive speed restrictions a couple of years ago which make hovercraft operation almost impossible - you need to travel nearly a mile from the Balloch launch site to get out of the 6mph speed zone :(

The other Lochs are a bit too small for us nowadays :)

We may be on the Tay this Saturday afternoon if we can find a suitable launch site near Perth.

« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2009, 8:51 pm »

Hi

What sort of craft is it?

Before you go out you need to think about these ...

Safety:

Does it have enough freeboard? Does it have buoyancy?

Will the craft get you back? Can you get the craft back?

Have you got the proper gear?

Noise:

If this is a race craft don't take it onto public waters, it almost certainly far too noisy, and will result in yet another hovercraft ban..

Rescue:

Is there independent means of rescue? Can you call for help?

Code of Conduct:

This is our Code of Conduct... designed to keep the peace with other water users!

[ATTACH]3843[/ATTACH]

Cheers
Ian
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK