Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2024: May 25, 2024 - Jun 07, 2024Please login or register to sign up for this event.
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 11:13 PM »

Unfortunately I will not yet again be attending  Loch Fyne. I have my mothers house to clear and sell .Probate came through last week and the house next to my daughter's house in Shrewsbury has come up for sale. it makes sense as the years are advancing to grab it with both hand., That means i will also have to get my house ready for letting so at the moment i don't have the time or money for Scotland maybe something later in the year? Pete my son in law and myself have been working to recommission the Sevtec and we are nearly there so may try to get to black rock sands later in the year for some trials . Hope you all have a great time as usual  :D ;)
Mike B

« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 9:14 PM »

Becky and I will hopefully be down for four nights from the 29th.  Without the hovercraft, as will have the wobble box in tow.  We have booked a pitch on Argyll caravan/ campsite.  We were meant to be spending 8 days on Stornoway, but that's off the cards now because of reasons out of our control.  Luckily we have managed to get a full refund from Calmac and the campsite, but that's insignificant in the grand scheme of things.  Anyway we'll see some of you next week :)

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2024, 9:46 pm »

Craft is ready. Trailer is ready. All that remains is packing and provisions.  ;D
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2024, 12:47 pm »

Well done Nick - good proactive work sir 8) 8)

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2024, 9:36 am »

The Argyll Campsite personel confirm the double grass mowing down to the inlet on the Loch IS one the list of "jobs to do", so can I please remind all hovercraft users that AGAIN this year we will be using THAT approach to launch and thus AVOIDING causing concern over at the "BOAT" slipway  ;)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #13 on: Apr 29, 2024, 12:39 pm »

The problem is centred about 40 feet above the craft, which is a favourite perching forum for albatross etc.
When they launch off to fly away, they clearly release ALL stored ballast in the shape of a huge excrement dump.
They are neighbours very large trees, so my employed tree surgeons refused to go so high!
Luckily my TWO PACK epoxy paint is not damaged and some elbow grease and a few minutes will sort the problem.  ::)

I have contacted Tracey at the Argyll camping compound asking if she is again willing to authorise a double width
mowing from the camping area down to the small inlet on the shore of the Loch.
This worked well last year as we were able to thus avoid "upsetting" any one around the boat launching slipway
as various users THERE believed (in error) that we were NOT allowed there!
Avoiding upset is always better IMHO (when possible)

« Reply #12 on: Apr 29, 2024, 10:59 am »

That's a familiar sight ,my craft was green coloured aswell , also discovered my  hood material wasn't uv proof, faded and falling apart. :-[

« Reply #11 on: Apr 29, 2024, 4:15 am »

Have you tried a bird scarer. I'm sure they are available over there. Yachties use them in the rigging to stop this. Large plastic falcon.

« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2024, 8:06 am »

Looks like someone is going to be busy with a sponge and soapy water  ;)

« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2024, 3:11 pm »

No respect nowadays!  ::)

« Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2024, 3:09 pm »

Sorry to hear that Gavin and all the best from Jane and myself also.

« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2024, 9:16 am »

I hope you enjoy the warmer weather and all the best for the future for you and Daryl Lynn.

« Reply #6 on: Apr 27, 2024, 8:16 am »

Regrettably, I won't be attending this year or probably ever again. I'm away in France mid-May and then gearing up to emigrate to warmer climes in November so there'll be no more trips scheduled before I go.
Shame I never got around to bringing a craft to Loch Fyne but working away most of the time makes it hard to prepare.

In the meantime, I'll be selling everything so there will a lot of hovercraft bits for sale in the months ahead.
Hope you all have a great time and the weather is as good as it was last year.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2024, 9:43 pm »

Beginning to get ready. My trailer is having its 10 year anniversary rebuild. Repair to the cracked axle (after carrying an “unauthorised load” ie a pontoon!!!) and a new deck. The craft needs a skirt ‘service’, checking over and cleaning! Other than that should be ok.
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2024, 12:18 pm »

Thanks Al. The Outer Hebrides are on our list for the future :)
Have fun.