Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2024: May 25, 2024 - Jun 07, 2024Please login or register to sign up for this event.

« Reply #9 on: Today at 3:11 PM »

No respect nowadays!  ::)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #8 on: Today at 3:09 PM »

Sorry to hear that Gavin and all the best from Jane and myself also.
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #7 on: Today at 9:16 AM »

I hope you enjoy the warmer weather and all the best for the future for you and Daryl Lynn.

« Reply #6 on: Today at 8:16 AM »

Regrettably, I won't be attending this year or probably ever again. I'm away in France mid-May and then gearing up to emigrate to warmer climes in November so there'll be no more trips scheduled before I go.
Shame I never got around to bringing a craft to Loch Fyne but working away most of the time makes it hard to prepare.

In the meantime, I'll be selling everything so there will a lot of hovercraft bits for sale in the months ahead.
Hope you all have a great time and the weather is as good as it was last year.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2024, 9:43 pm »

Beginning to get ready. My trailer is having its 10 year anniversary rebuild. Repair to the cracked axle (after carrying an “unauthorised load” ie a pontoon!!!) and a new deck. The craft needs a skirt ‘service’, checking over and cleaning! Other than that should be ok.
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2024, 12:18 pm »

Thanks Al. The Outer Hebrides are on our list for the future :)
Have fun.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2024, 8:53 am »

Pleased to hear that your family issues are now resolved.  Its a shame you wont have a hovercraft at Loch Fyne this year, but I hope you enjoy your holiday in the highlands. 

Becky & I wont be making an appearance at loch Fyne this year either, as we are planning to spend just over a week in the Hebrides at the end of May / early June.

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2024, 4:44 pm »

Hello fellow Loch Fyne Hovernaughts 8)
I'm afraid Val and I won't be at this year's event with a craft :(
To cut a very long story short, we have had a pretty tough few years with serious family illnesses which have now "resolved themselves". As a result, our craft Kairos is not at all fit for the event and to be honest, neither are we! ::)
We will be on (a restful) holiday in the Highlands around the time of the first week and we are planning to travel home, via the Argyle Hoverport on Friday 31st May. We should be there around lunchtime and have booked somewhere to stay overnight nearby to set off for home from Inveraray on the morning of Saturday 1st June.
Obviously we will just take pot luck on some hovernaughts being around at the campsite on the Friday/Saturday but would love to meet up and say hello if anyone is around and maybe have a wee drink?........ ;) ;)
My plan is to work on the craft during the year to "rejoin the gang" at some point...
I will monitor the Loch Fyne Cruise WhatsApp group nearer the time but we both wish you all a happy, safe and "uneventful" but fun Scottish Hovering 2024.
Best wishes from Kim and Val :)

« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2024, 5:25 pm »

The 18th year of the famous Scottish Hoverin at the premier hovercrafting location in the UK (Loch Fyne). 

All are welcome for any part or all of the event dates.

Event is mainly based at the Argyll Caravan Park near Inveraray which takes touring campers and caravans (no tents) and has static caravans for hire).  Plenty alternative accommodation is available in the local area (probably wise to book something if you are attending on the Bank Holiday weekend as it can be busy).  Launching/parking is available at the caravan park.  If you have any problems finding anything please contact me and I'll try to help.

For newbies, we normally use VHF channel 72 for inter-craft comms.  if you PM me with your mobile # I'll add you to the WhatsApp group we use for organisational stuff.  There is some useful info HERE on the area with some basic safety info (a bit dated but hopefully useful for "newbies" to this event).
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2024, 6:05 pm by John Robertson »