Open Forums > For Sale & Wanted

Orcathane skirt material

(1/2) > >>

Al:
Is it for the fill bits at the top of the skirt that goes from the top of the extending arms back to the hull?  If so, I would have thought curtain sider PVC would be well adequate for this as from memory it's just held in place with screws and not really going to experience any wear

orkneymark:
Thanks for your replies. I had already emailed them for a price and I had  also contacted a couple of companies here in case they had some off the roll but i haven't had a reply.
My skirt is all but complete apart for the extra width required to fit to the side extension arms. An oversight missing from the original order.

Gaz:
For what it worth (not the original question) I had a quote from Pennel & Flipo in February 2023;

* Orcathane Light, 1000g/m2, €56.02/linear meter,
* Orcathane Medium, 1355g/m2, €64.04/linear meter,
* A Linear meter is 1000x1500mm (they do not do 3 meters wide)
* Shipping was €150 Euros.At that time they did not have any Orcathane Light Military Grey in stock. At around £930 for sufficient for a skirt in Feb I declined

John Robertson:
Might be worth a word with Pennel & Flipo to see if they've give you the name(s) of any RIB tube manufacturers in the UK that buy from them?  They also sometimes have roll-end offcuts available.

orkneymark:
This is Marine grade material and my skirt is welded so no glue to come apart. Anyway, I don’t think high temperatures will ever affect me here where I’m at!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version