« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2023, 6:59 pm »

Loch Lomond has a blanket speed limit of 90kph - might be tricky for a UH18!  In addition to 11kph low speed zones that cover several areas.  They are reviewing it all again so you can have your say - https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/23287106.loch-lomond-new-lower-speed-zones-implemented-safety-move/
With the additional hassle of registration and fees it's simpler/easier to travel the extra one mile to Loch Long where none of these things exist (salt water)!

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2023, 6:02 pm »

Balloch not balloon 😂😂

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 6:01 pm »

Hi nick
There is a speed restriction from the slip at balloon , however the restriction appears to end after a couple hundred meters. The sea plane operates from there too.
However you are required to register your craft. I’m not sure what the cost of that is.

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2023, 5:56 pm »

Are you speed limited there, or was it a quickie, literally!?
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 5:51 pm »

Hi John
Thanks for the information. I did wonder about the Webber conversion, I think that actually sounds like the better option.
I agree about the exhaust, they are hard to find. Making up new ones might be the way to go.
After all these years the Uh18 is almost complete, I’m at the stage of fitting the ancillaries and organising a trailer.
I hope to have it finished sometime this year.
Once again thanks for the advice.
The other Uh18 is also almost finished, we had it out on Loch Lomond before covid, it performed well, but it’s a frighteningly fast machine.😂

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 5:34 pm »

I've got some old Hitachi carb bits - I'd need to look them out and see what condition they are in if you are interested?  You can fit a Weber 32/26 DFEV using a simple adapter plate (5mm ali with some hand-made holes works).

On the exhaust I doubt you'll find anything suitable nowadays - they are OLD engines.  It's pretty simple to make something up using stainless (and quite cheap) bends and a couple of simple 2-hole flanges.

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 5:45 pm »

Wanted
Subaru EA81 carburettor and exhaust manifold down pipes