« Reply #26 on: Apr 29, 2022, 10:27 pm »

A job for John Robertson I think  ;)   

Maybe the club has finished  the offer on the free plans.

Perhaps a committee member can enlighten us on whether the plans are still available to club members

« Reply #25 on: Apr 29, 2022, 10:19 pm »

Thanks AI for the update. after follwoing your direction to the UK and Zone 1 delivery, the page returned:

'You haven't set up any subscriptions yet'

I am not sure what that means because my account shows:

HoverClub Single Adult Membership        Active

« Reply #24 on: Apr 29, 2022, 9:57 pm »

OK I've just followed the links and it says FINISHED

So click on the About on the header bar.
Find the link that says Free Hovercraft plans
A page will open showing a couple of Barry Palmer videos,
Scroll down the page to the committee listing where it says about postal area/region
Click on what region you are based in and it will take you to the link. 

Mine said finished, so not sure if I have bought a set in the past or whether the free plans are no longer available

« Reply #23 on: Apr 29, 2022, 5:49 pm »

Bob Windt started Universal Hovercraft ±1970.  He owned property in Cordova , Illinois, USA. This was on the banks of the mighty Mississippi River , thus he launched directly out of his back yard !  With little other water traffic to contend with, plenty of shallow water, sand banks etc , he could experiment to his hearts content !
  His craft mainly used 4 stroke engines, large lift motors out of garden machines , car engines from scrapyards etc. V-belt drives . He catered for the home builder, wooden construction , simple bag skirts, home made lift fans and large wooden propellers . You could even make your own wooden pulleys !  Some items you could buy from him, but his plans enabled you to do it all yourself.
  Thus I contend that his craft catered for a different market, really wide open rivers !
    Regrds, Francois Malan

« Reply #22 on: Apr 29, 2022, 2:03 pm »

I dont understand as here it seems to be----
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #21 on: Apr 29, 2022, 12:13 pm »

Unfortunately, there no sevTec plans on the website. I could ony see the urbo Superwedge Plans

« Reply #20 on: Apr 29, 2022, 12:09 pm »

Thanks, Nick, I have in touch with John

« Reply #19 on: Apr 28, 2022, 6:13 pm »

----or approach John Robertson via personal message on this forum - click top right of your screen on your name--- - type in his name to message and ask about the craft he is selling on behalf of the owner. John built it initially,  and has recently  given it a "once over" prior to it being sold. I think its located at Johns House (The borders")?
Its a working machine WITH TRAILER, that is in my humble opinion well worth looking at to improve etc.
Theres always plenty to do even on a working craft, both in maintenance and improvements WHILST you learn your skills, and areas of interest. John and many on this forum can advise on all aspects, whilst you gain experience. It will need a new skirt "soon" ie the skirt is tired, but again that can be talked through should you decide that way.
Nick
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #18 on: Apr 28, 2022, 12:42 am »

Look at the heading bar. Find "About". Click that & scroll down to FREE hovercraft plans. cheers.

« Reply #17 on: Apr 27, 2022, 8:33 pm »

It appears there is no link in the amphibiousmarine.com website to place order for the SevTec Surveyor plans. Not sure if I was on right place on the website. Can you please help please?

« Reply #16 on: Apr 27, 2022, 7:56 pm »

Thanks a lot AI, for the web link. I was able to see a thread on electric hovercraft on this forum while tracing the comments and works of Alfredrogers. I will try to read through that thread for more information on electric hovercraft. Cheers

« Reply #15 on: Apr 27, 2022, 3:10 pm »

Andrew haddow converted a sevtec Vanguard to duel power.  Electric/petrol hybrid.  I'm not sure if he is still a member of this forum, but Andrew and Alfredrogers would be two guys worth talking to with regards electric power.

« Reply #14 on: Apr 27, 2022, 3:08 pm »

Hi Nick, the aesthetics of the blue hovercraft looks great and different from that popular SecTec models I have seen. Perhaps, as you suggested sticking to the plans but updating the aesthetics may be a more reasonable approach. I read the SevTec surveyor plans is free, how do I place an order?

Free Hovercraft Plans (hoverclub.org.uk)

« Reply #13 on: Apr 27, 2022, 1:22 pm »

Thanks Ronnie for the advice

« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2022, 1:17 pm »

Thanks AI, your advice is worth more than a million times two pennies.

You mentioned two of the other specific characteristics I want on my intended watercraft, which are lightweight and high speed. Others are electrical powering, low energy consumption and offcourse, aesthetics. These are some of the reasons I considering the modification of the UH hoverwing. My consideration was to start from a time tested and proven hovercraft (as Ronnie advised) then make conversion from engine to battery as well as alter the aesthetics. What do you suggest?
By the way, the aesthetics of the blue Hovercraft is very impressive.
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2022, 1:26 pm by Ombor Garrick »