Linked Events

• Porthmadog potential cruise event 2-04-22-------->9-04-22: Apr 02, 2022 - Apr 10, 2022Please login or register to sign up for this event.

« Reply #11 on: Apr 01, 2022, 11:05 am »

Yep, today WAS set fair, but the next few days weather infers that zero pleasure was possible for a lone 73 yr old.  ::)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #10 on: Mar 31, 2022, 2:45 pm »

Perhaps just as well, as looks like a cold week ahead!!
Photos of Borth-y-Gest taken this morning, note snow on hills!!

« Reply #9 on: Mar 31, 2022, 11:23 am »

This event has been cancelled due to
1 Covid in my grandsons family, who was helping me film etc,
2 The HCGB guys have already been last week so wont be coming now,
3 The weather is either - cold, raining, snowing or VERY WINDY, sometimes all of these---
4 and no one else is coming.

I feel its best to "postpone" this "weather dependant event" for a while and THEN, Maybe, there will be less things trying to spoil the event!

« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2022, 11:14 am »

Thanks Warby.  8)

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2022, 2:02 pm »

Tide Data for APRIL at Criccieth which is "next door" to BLACK ROCK SANDS

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2022, 12:24 pm »

Hope the weather is like this!!!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2022, 11:50 am »

Ive just booked Blackrock sands camping with -
Emma Tel 07444 718 194, not the number on the website.
We arrive Sat 2nd April leaving Thursday morning 7-04-22.
Hope to see a few others join us.  8)

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2022, 12:53 pm »

We will arrive Saturday lunch time 2-04-22 staying until Thursday morning. I will book into Black Rock Camping site which opens on 1-04-22. Historically, we have always kept on good terms with the Beach Wardens and Harbour authorities and I have even given one chap (from a local lifeboat crew) a ride to show what an OTTER can do. We always operate at the very far end of the beach (NEast part) stopping just before the quick sands are!
We were also involved with the emergency services gala held near the entry portacabin a few years back working with all the other blue lighters. My craft has helped quite a number of people cut off by rising tides and broken rudders etc, and always mention when we enter the beach that we shall monitor their channel incase we are called to rescue "cut offs" from the sand banks.

I will phone you so we may compare notes and plan our best approach to all aspects.
I will also post up here to inform (nay entice) others!  ;)
KRs
Nick
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2022, 2:16 pm by Nick Flint »

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2022, 9:14 pm »

Hi Nick - that's an amazing and almost unbelievable co incidence! Following some contacts made by Mike Bradley (HCGB member) last year with the Beach Co ordinator, local Harbour Master, and other members of the local council, a few of us went there earlier this year to show them our hovercraft in operation with a view to arranging a hover event later in the year. On the 2nd and 3rd April they invited us back to do a larger scale recce of the area to put together some prospective routes and so on. You've obviously been there before, as have many others, and its a public beach, but we felt reaching out to the local authorities was the right thing to do. They have been very receptive and welcoming, given certain caveats, particularly if we intended to make an organised event of it. Get in touch if you'd like to know more about what we've discussed with the authorities. kind regards, Rob

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2022, 1:06 pm »

A few photos of the area.

« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2022, 12:48 pm »

Black Rock Sands Camping Park opens 1-04-22 so am planning a WEATHER DEPENDANT cruise event.
Clearly nearer the time I will be liaising with Wendy at the camp site regarding camping, but only IF the weather appears to be of "reasonable quality forecast"
Main issue as ever for our machines will be wind orientated.
I will be keeping a "weather eye open" and post up here once we are close enough to believe what the weather may do. THEN I shall approach the campsite with a booking for myself (and grandson perhaps) as a shake down Spring cruise and dust down the BBQ.
Please feel free to register on the understanding that IF the weather is forecast dreadful- I shall NOT carry through.
IF this "potentially" interests you, please register with numbers, on the understanding that, THIS early in the year this will "HOPEFULLY occur  8)

https://blackrocksandstouringandcampingpark.com
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2022, 1:26 pm by Nick Flint »