Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2022: May 27, 2022 - Jun 13, 2022Please login or register to sign up for this event.

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2022, 10:17 pm »

You might see me head ing up the M6 about the same time. Breakfast at Lancaster?
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2022, 8:43 pm »

So the original plan was to bring 2 Marlins but instead I bought Chris's TS3 which needed a bit of work, so I'll just bring that instead.
I've upgraded the lift engine to a bigger one, fitted all new LED nav lights and orange beacon. I checked over the thrust engine filters, oil and spark plugs, fitted new bulb primers, fuel filters and some fuel lines and hose clips, drained and cleaned out the fuel tank, fitted a new fire extinguisher and some cupholders (well, why not?) and charged the main battery. Got some new lanyards too as the old ones were brittle.
I put a new 13 pin plug on the trailer cable and fitted my number plate. Then charged up the battery for the electric winch.
If I had more time I'd change the skirt but it should be OK, just a bit faded.

The plan is to drive up early Saturday morning so we'll probably arrive around 3. The wife has suggested leaving Friday and having an overnight stop on the way but I think plan A is preferable. So, I look forwad to seeing you all sometime on Saturday.

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2022, 8:29 pm »

We will hopefully be there on Friday afternoon.
See you all then.

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2022, 6:38 pm »

Dropped the trailer wheels off for new tyres this morning. Then its packing. See you all Saturday!
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2022, 9:07 am »

Weather Guesses say that this coming Friday will be a little breezy (for me) but then the XC Weather web site declares low winds for a good few days.
Being an irritatingly optimistic chap- I feel thats "a good start for the holiday".  8)
Fingers crust.
Bringitarn!!!! :D
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2022, 1:49 pm »

Yep - same here.

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2022, 1:49 pm »

? who? :o

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2022, 1:48 pm »

Alternatives. WHO?  ;)

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2022, 9:47 am »

... last thing is to look out your midge nets - I suspect it may be quite bad this year as it's been fine for a couple of years (it's cyclic/weather dependent).

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2022, 9:51 pm »

Mines had a good going over and a few trips out to make sure all is well. She was running a little rough, which turned out to be a combination of a corroded earth connection and old spark plugs with excessive gap. Now running and starting nicely. New belts fitted after a loose bolt allowed them to slip, GPS receiver replaced (old one failed) now I have a speedo again! Still can't make it talk to the radio though, despite this one being a 'proper' NMEA one. Bearings checked and greased etc.

Also don't forget to check your toolbox - stuff goes missing over the years! Had to buy a few bits to replace the missing stuff.

Next job is to drag the trailer out from under a heap of junk at the bottom of the garden and give that a check over.

Getting close!
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2022, 9:10 pm »

I don't think the Scottish mind the queen, ...
Not so sure of that https://www.independent.co.uk/independentpremium/uk-news/monarchy-support-scotland-queen-royals-b2079536.html

The kings of bagpipe rock have to be the Red Hot Chilli Pipers (name's a bit silly but they put on an exciting show!).  I'm not sure the Malleus or the Camans could be described as bagpipe rock though.

Skippers current menu is attached for anyone interested.

Changing the subjects(s) slightly it's now a week to go before this event so it's time to check over your craft - as those who have been here already know, the salt water environment will seek out and destroy ANY weakness in your craft systems so it's worthwhile visually checking everything to avoid disappointment!

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2022, 6:52 pm »

Skippers are doing live music at the wknd, but were almost full a few days ago. I DO like live music (includes a bagpipe rock group,,,, )
but we may be able to drink and listen, -  midges not withstanding?????
Whale sea.  ;)

Bagpipe rock sounds like a thing that has to be seen!
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2022, 5:09 pm »

Not sure if Scotland even likes the Queen  ;D . We can just have a barbie and a wee dram if you prefer.

I don't think the Scottish mind the queen, but Westminster, "now that's a"  I'll leave it there  ;) :D :D

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2022, 12:27 pm »

Skippers are doing live music at the wknd, but were almost full a few days ago. I DO like live music (includes a bagpipe rock group,,,, )
but we may be able to drink and listen, -  midges not withstanding?????
Whale sea.  ;)

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2022, 6:36 pm »

Are we going to do anything special for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee on the Bank Holiday days or is the Skippers meal going to involve silly hats and flag waving?
Not sure if Scotland even likes the Queen  ;D . We can just have a barbie and a wee dram if you prefer.