Linked Events

• Cruising The Medway : Oct 09, 2021 - Oct 10, 2021Please login or register to sign up for this event.

« Reply #26 on: Oct 18, 2021, 9:22 pm »

here's the video from the weekend
https://youtu.be/C-AwKAZvIS4

and if you want a few photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/194206591@N06/

sorry if there is a better way to show these.

« Reply #25 on: Oct 11, 2021, 6:05 pm »

Hi Nick

We are planning return to the Med already. Had some great feedback on refinements (anyone feel free anyone to critique on wants or improvements)

Next time we would love you to be there i have loads of questions to pick your brains.
On the plus side Segas expected a little complaint or two so are relaxed.

Sorry to hear about the complaint against you but sometimes people just like to whinge.

From our side all craft left and all pilots and crew came back smiling so happy days

« Reply #24 on: Oct 11, 2021, 5:52 pm »

Well done to all attendees. SO sorry I could not make this event, but will hopefully make the next event.
"Quiet but ugly" (I think its the craft they mean?)

Yes, complainers will always be there and find sufficient energy to urge others to join the
"US against THEM!" moaners.
Someone should do something about all this " fill in various here"
Some people believe "the outside" is THEIRS to guard against anything that goes against
THEIR interpretation of what is acceptable.
Usually other opinions are deemed "misguided" and often with the backing of - Its MUST be wrong because I dont like it,,,,,
Just PERHAPS --- IF NO-ONE ever moans--- perhaps we aren't trying enough???
Dont worry Phil, Ive had people complain, even when I rescued a 10 yr old boy and dog as he was cut off by the tide, thus I saved an RNLI callout. The beach warden remained adamant, so I declared I would not return to "his" beach ("so neeeerh")    ::)

It left a nasty taste to my day tho, but MOST swallow their dislike, letting us get on with our bit o' fun  8)

Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #23 on: Oct 11, 2021, 8:31 am »

What a cracking weekend Gents,
My thanks to All those involved in organising the cruise, but a special mention to yourself Phil and to Darren.

Please pass on my thanks and appreciation to the committee and members of SEGAS for allowing us to use the excellent facilities; not many yacht orientated clubs want noisy, sand and mud throwing hovercraft near them and I do understand that! Unfortunate as it is, there will always be complainants.

Great area, great weekend, great company!!

Thank you All

« Reply #22 on: Oct 11, 2021, 8:10 am »

Well for a first Segas event i think it went pretty well

Saw a post about a local on the medway who'd been there for 60 years and these hovercraft upset him the worlds gone to ruin since Brexit etc !

That aside, putting this thing together has further strengthened by respect for Rob and his team with LSC can't wait to get back there in December.

Everyone at Segas was really made up with the turnout and variety of craft, if we can start to run an event 'regularly' that is as good as LSC then as a community we are in a great space.

It was a real shame a couple of people cou[size=78%]ldn't join us this time, but from the noise I hear a second event will happen next year. I plan to be away for that month and the month before so someone else can run with it ![/size]

On a side note it has been mentioned about creating a different type of membership for those that may want to join but can only come dome a few times a year ... watch this space.

« Reply #21 on: Oct 04, 2021, 8:23 am »

See you there ! all the best

« Reply #20 on: Oct 04, 2021, 8:05 am »

Morning Phil,
Thanks for getting back to me mate, much appreciated and thanks for the heads up on the Ford dealership Gavin 👍

Looking forward to the cruise!

My email is: nickrushby@hotmail.com, I’ll ping you a message.

Regards
Nick

« Reply #19 on: Oct 03, 2021, 2:44 pm »

The directions Phil has given mentions passing Dagenham Motors. That is now called Trust Ford (Ford car dealership). Gillingham Marina is next door just before the Strand roundabout where you need to turn.

« Reply #18 on: Oct 03, 2021, 10:19 am »

Morning Nick.

The weather is looking ok for next weekend which will be great.

Apologies I though t I had looped everyone in, obviously not as good with tech as I thought. I have attached the details for people here and here's the last updates. just mail it back to me Phil.macleod@me.com

The Segas guys have approved Friday to Monday arrival / departure times for storage as well as hard standing for people they are really intrigued to see the different craft
Even have local councillors turning up at some point to see what all the fuss is about

Also just to answer three other points -
No cost for staying onsite / cruise etc
BBQ is going to be on an honesty basis - so there is an honesty jar put in what you can afford / think it’s worth
Bar is cash only …

It’s the most inclusive thing we could put together in a short space of time . Happy days

Also as there may be a couple of people on Friday we may have an evening run for a meal.

Sorry last thing, mark and i are hoping to have a contingency for fuel too, just incase the madness continues.
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2021, 11:13 am by Phil Macleod »

« Reply #17 on: Oct 03, 2021, 6:26 am »

Morning Phil,

The weekend itinerary looks good mate, let’s hope for a break in the weather! Have you sent out joining instructions for the cruise as I’m a little in the dark as to location and timings etc?

Many thanks
Nick Rushby

« Reply #16 on: Sep 29, 2021, 5:19 pm »

Hi everyone,

here's a quick run-through of the weekend

Saturday

This is what we have in mind weather permittingWe will leave the slipway, moving to the left of the island directly in front of you then go round the back of the island to the right.We will proceed round the island, avoiding the old ship wrecks that are there.Then as we move round the island you will see the Fort at Darnet*  in front of you. We will move to the right hand side of the island and slip behind it. There is an area where you can land. This is a 15 – 20 minute run.  It’s a perfect way of checking your craft out before we head on. Any issues we can deal with the or run back to the club to get spares or repairs. After a brief stop we will head on.For those of you want to stop and explore .. Fort Darnet, ( From Wikipedia ) like its twin, Hoo Fort ( not quite as accessible) , was built on the recommendations of the 1859 Royal Commission on an island covering Pinup Reach.Building started on the island in 1870 and then finished in 1872. Originally designed for two tiers of guns mounted in a circle, with a boom strung between them. The forts were completed in 1872 with one tier, and 11 guns : a mixture of 8 9-inch and 3 7-inch rifled muzzle-loaders.There is a wooden bridge which allows you to get inside or indeed on top of the fort.Then we will wind our way from the Fort to the Queens Borough area it’s about a 40-50 minute run with various sights and challenges as we go we will slip past quite a few interesting areas that we will detail on the day.Then we will move over heading towards the large wind turbines and head over to lunch.After lunch (Great fish & chips, cakes or a pub lunch all in easy walk of the slipway ) we will head back through the islands and areas towards the Club house.We will have a couple of local flyers taking you back through the best routes depending on the weather, time and fuel.As we have a few local members we can split into different interest types to make sure you get the most out of it before heading back to clean up, have a drink a few stories and a sea shanty before bed.Sundays run will be advised at the briefing but we rae hoping for a nice run to All Hallows.
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2021, 5:29 pm by Phil Macleod »

« Reply #15 on: Sep 26, 2021, 10:26 am »

Hi nick
Friday to Monday will be perfect l wouldn't worry about the other noise!

« Reply #14 on: Sep 26, 2021, 9:34 am »

Ive heard that there are demonstrators clogging up the M25.
Is this going to affect travel plans around the Medway Hover?

« Reply #13 on: Sep 25, 2021, 1:58 pm »

Ah, Is Friday the 8th too late to avoid big hold ups?
Do I have to travel Thursday 7th and Tuesday 12th then? arrrgh  ::)

« Reply #12 on: Sep 25, 2021, 7:30 am »

Good Morning Phil,
I’d be up for attending your Medway cruise with my marlin and T5 camper if you have space available. I’d be looking to travel down from Lincolnshire on the 7th or early hours of the 8th to miss the M25 madness.