Linked Events

• Loch Fyne: Aug 19, 2021 - Sep 02, 2021Please login or register to sign up for this event.

« Reply #28 on: Sep 09, 2021, 6:24 pm »

Hmm ;)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #27 on: Sep 03, 2021, 8:53 pm »

I was really pleased to get up even if only for a few days. The weather was good for hovering (even the heavy rain!!) so I was out from the moment I arrived until the last moment on the last night. Made up for the debacle in the spring when my craft had engine problems - she ran perfectly as usual this time (excepting the broken steering cable but that was soon bodged back together!). Sad to miss the west coast run - it’s a while since I’ve been out there. Next thing I want to do is a camping run on the Severn. There are a few spots in the estuary that are suitable.
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #26 on: Sep 03, 2021, 4:13 pm »

It was a good one. The sights and nature were 'cool' especially those large pale jellyfish in Etterick bay!!
Once you've slept in your craft it becomes more than just a hovercraft, it's your home for the time you're travelling.
It was good catching up with you, Karen, Nick, Ian and not least John.

There's no such thing as bad weather, you're just wearing the wrong jacket!!

« Reply #25 on: Sep 03, 2021, 2:11 pm »

Back home again now.
What a brilliant time.
West coast trip and camping trip all in one holiday, absolutely epic.
Thanks to all of you that made it such a great experience.
But as always special thanks to John and Steve.

Those hovercraft just did the job, doing hundreds of miles in sometimes challenging conditions.
Traveling in them, sleeping in them.
They just never fail to amaze me at their capabilities.
Thanks again guys

« Reply #24 on: Aug 29, 2021, 10:31 pm »

Incredible day.

« Reply #23 on: Aug 28, 2021, 7:53 pm »

I'm still standing yeh yeh yeh 😎

« Reply #22 on: Aug 26, 2021, 8:33 pm »

Nicks reflection

« Reply #21 on: Aug 25, 2021, 6:49 am »

Good day yesterday
Oyster Catcher had a cancellation, so they could fit us in.
Weather was incredible.

« Reply #20 on: Aug 22, 2021, 9:05 pm »

(Sadly) I’ve just arrived back home from a superb weekend on Loch Fyne.

Arriving Thursday the craft was launched almost immediately- no sense in wasting time unpacking!! First trip was to the campsite to see Ron and Karen who arrived shortly before us.

Friday morning saw a run down the Loch, pottering in and out of all the bays down to Lachlan Castle then round Minard Islands and stopping off on the shores of Ardcastle forest to enjoy the solitude for a while.

Then back to the cabin to join John for the obligatory trip to the brewery, picking up Karen and Ron on the way up. Returning via the pub for (late) lunch and a relaxed run back via Lachlan to meet Steve who had just arrived, as had Nick.

Saturday was wet. Absolutely tipping in down! But the Loch was flat calm so we set off down the Loch, picking up Nick as he flew past the cabin from the campsite.  The rain was truly atrocious- needing the bilges pumped every 10 or 15 minutes, but other than that conditions were perfect. Great conditions to try out my new “hard top” which did what it was supposed to, keeping me dry! Hovering in these conditions has a special appeal all of its own.

As conditions improved through the day we meandered further down the loch, taking time to “discover” some standing stones down near Portavadie and visit some now familiar beaches.

The return was via the Oystercatcher for refreshments and fish and chips, followed by a run back in the gathering darkness, landing at the the cabin in the pitch black! Fortunately for me Steve had landed first a provided me with a handy landing light to guide me up the slipway to the gate rather than to the fence, albeit via an unorthodox route over the rocks which fortunately were sufficiently submerged on this occasion. Remarkable how the dark changes the perspective, I was sure I had left enough room between me and the neighbours moored boat to make the correct approach, however I failed to account for the fact that it has swung on its lengthy mooring rope! Still, I knew the tide was well up allowing more leeway., which was a good thing as it happened!

So Sabrina is now fully recommissioned after her engine rebuild and very pleased I am about that! Less faffing and more hovering for me now!

Many thanks to John for all the usual things. Brilliant weekend for me, I’m just sad that work forces an all too short trip.

Ian
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #19 on: Aug 21, 2021, 1:14 am »

Hopefully arriving tomorrow ;)

« Reply #18 on: Aug 19, 2021, 8:14 pm »

Back to Loch Fyne……weeeeee

« Reply #17 on: Aug 18, 2021, 5:14 pm »

Weather still looks good, in fact its currently getting a better forecast--->  8)

« Reply #16 on: Aug 16, 2021, 9:08 am »

XC weather is quite optimistic ref the weather this coming weekend, with the most important aspect being LOW winds, so although weather "can change"     ::)  its less likely whilst low predicted winds remain?

« Reply #15 on: Aug 15, 2021, 2:07 pm »

Ive just booked the campsite at Loch Fyne and FIO-
I will arrive without Jane, Friday 20th August tea time,
returning home on Friday 27th earliest, with option to stay over weekend, until 30th August.
 should weather and chums be available to chat with.  8)

« Reply #14 on: Aug 14, 2021, 12:47 pm »

Yes Karen rang this morning too.
The showers aren’t closed because of COVID.
They are closed because they can’t get staff.