« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2021, 2:30 pm »

"THE Clicker, Ticker and Flicker Licker"- Thats me Alf.  ;)
Yep its all smooth running from now on-------

Engine starts and runs. Very noisy (but I reckion thats due to the lack of silencer ATM).
I think I'll buy a Lottery ticket tonight!  ::)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2021, 1:07 pm »

Hi Nick, not quite sure whether you’ve cured the Flickr on your rev counter or not .was the fuse a secondary problem ,had a few suggestions but not quite sure whether you’ve resolved Flickr.  Alf

« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2021, 12:40 pm »

JUST IN---
Dashboard would not flash up but all terminals of fuses showed 12V supply in and out.
Once loaded - AGAIN no Voltage.
Remove fuse- appears OK. Microscrote inspection shows "partially burnt out fuse" with
a residual bridge connection (approx 0.05 mms across?) which was big enough to allow
Voltage rise to 12V but on switching on dash board, the tiny bridge simply could NOT pass sufficient amperage (wattage)
to supply the dash unit (tacho)
A tiny piece of metal 0.05mms across had prevented a 17 ft hovercraft from working.  :o
Replaced fuse ---Bingo.
View on big screen and its obvious NOW!

Other games of chance are available. ::)
Always gamble responsibly.  ;) 

Im ON FIRE guys!
I think I'll pop down to Wembley and stroll about the pitch a while!

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2021, 12:50 pm by Nick Flint »

« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2021, 10:25 am »

In brief I propose to ask everyone to post up here "little gems" of knowledge that they have gleaned or noticed or wish to OWN UP TO so that we ALL become even wiser in all matters hovercrafty.
To kick off heres the signs and symptoms of an irritating anomaly in that my DashBoard assembly (revcounter!) has had a flickering in time with the fuel pump pulses.
1 Checked voltages of feeds, fuses, etc
2 Swop out fuel pump for new - NO change
3 Ignition switch connections changed from poor spade conns (vibration prone) to cleaned electrically greased RING and screwed conns ---NO change
4 Everything works as it "should" with no perceived problems in the dash board lights wipers etc.
Having spent (wasted) quite a few hours I decided to move on. (ignore!) ::)   

Fast forward a couple of years (and KingFisher engine re-insertion) see other thread!!!
The battery re-connection was a rather damp squib affair in that---zero.
A) tests showed battery 12.7V,
B) main Fuse in engine compartment that supplies everything---12.7V
C) Ignition switch (battery connection) showed 6.7V but on turning Ign switch on- this dropped to zero.
D) It was about THIS time It clicked that there was a poor connection from Engine bay downstream main fuse --> up to the front dash.
E) All looked OK but pulled apart easily.
F) Those of you will have spotted the "poor connection signs"
G) I SHOULD have tested for RESISTANCE not voltage (or- Voltage under load). Voltage without load simply hides the poor current carrying capacity of poor connections.
H) This connection was found to be a shrink wrapped NON GLUED crimped connection amply displaying the FACT---
THOU SHALT GLUE THINE SHRINK WRAPS.
A further aspect to learn here was "irritating deviations from normal" actually MEANS there is something WRONG,
and this should be investigated UNTIL the reason is found. I spent perhaps 10 hours but failed.
The last thing to learn here is that mild seemingly harmless irregularities can and WILL bite you in time.
Again here-- (just like my engine failing on JRs slipway) this electrical failure occurred on my drive.

Please add on your OWN personal CRMs for us all to improve.  8)

« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2021, 10:45 am by Nick Flint »

« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2021, 10:03 am »

Crew Resource Management (CRM) is the effective use of all available resources for flight crew personnel to assure a safe and efficient operation, reducing error, avoiding stress and increasing efficiency.CRM was developed as a response to new insights into the causes of aircraft accidents which followed from the introduction of flight data recorders (FDRs) and cockpit voice recorders (CVRs) into modern jet aircraft. Information gathered from these devices has suggested that many accidents do not result from a technical malfunction of the aircraft or its systems, nor from a failure of aircraft handling skills or a lack of technical knowledge on the part of the crew; it appears instead that they are caused by the inability of crews to respond appropriately to the situation in which they find themselves. For example, inadequate communications between crew members and other parties could lead to a loss of situational awareness, a breakdown in teamwork in the aircraft, and, ultimately, to a wrong decision or series of decisions which result in a serious incident or a fatal accident.

IN OUR HOVER CRAFTING WORLD THIS PERHAPS TRANSLATES AS
"LETS HELP EACH OTHER POINTING OUT POTENTIAL MISTAKES, RATHER THAN SHYNESS AT BEING JUDGED FOR OUR INPUT-
WE SHARE TO HELP ALL.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2021, 10:29 am by Nick Flint »