« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2021, 9:22 pm »

That's my April challenge finished.  I originally signed up to cycle 220 miles and ended up doing 286 miles  I would like to thank everyone that donated to this worthy cause.  There is still time to donate if you would like to via my just giving page for Diabetes UK.
Support Alan in UK Wide Cycle Ride (diabetes.org.uk)

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2021, 8:40 pm »

Managed a few more miles tonight, even though my balance is shot at the moment. I came off my motorbike the other day because of my balance, so Becky came with me tonight just in case I had issues  because of my balance. so My total for April now is 250 miles, that's a new PB for me  ;D

« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2021, 6:40 pm »

Well DONE Al. A good cause if ever there was one!  8)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2021, 8:24 pm »

Yesterday I cycled 43 miles over two rides taking my total distance this month to 225 miles, so I managed to completed my challenge of 220 miles in 8 days of actually cycling, as 6 days I was on shift with ambo.  In 3 days this week I managed to cycle over 90 miles.  No cycling today as had my second vaccine jab, back to work tomorrow for a few days, so no more miles will be added until next week.  I shall continue to add more mileage to my total this month and hopefully will achieve over 300 miles.

So far I have raised just under £200 for Diabetes UK  ;D

« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2021, 11:46 am »

That's the first week of my cycling challenge gone.  The weather hasn't been kind with strong Northerly winds, snow, hail and some sunshine thrown in for good measure.  I managed to do 5 rides because I was working over the weekend, so lost two days there.  I managed a total of 124 miles in my first week, so only another 96 miles to do.  Back to work from tomorrow morning until Monday lunchtime, so I wont be adding any miles for a few days, then Thursday next week I have my 2nd vaccine jab, so not sure if I'll be doing any that day either.

« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2021, 5:16 pm »

Hopefully OK to put this on here, if not then please remove.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was doing a sponsored bike ride of 220 miles during April hopefully raising a few quid for Diabetes UK.  My main reason for doing this challenge is for personal one, as I need to lose a few pounds and a few inches off of my waist and get fit for riding in motorbike trials this year.  So in January I bought a mountain bike with the view of cycling a few miles a week to help me lose some weight and get a little fitter.  Anyway I saw this challenge advertised a week or two after buying the bike and signed up to do 220 miles in April, as it meant then that I would have to get off my Arse and do a few miles to get myself fit enough to be able cycle the 220 miles.  January I managed to cycle 100 miles.  February I cycled 170 miles, March my goal was to cycle 200 miles, but I managed 240 miles.  April hopefully I can reach my target of the 220 miles, but time will tell.  I went out this morning after I finished my shift and done 21 miles so only another 199 to go :-) I'm on nightshift tonight, then on shift from 09:00 on Saturday until 09:00 on Monday, so hopefully I can do 20 or 30 miles tomorrow, then maybe another 20 or 30 miles next week before I go back on shift on Thursday for 4 days & nights.

If your interested then you can follow my progress on facebook, I've made the relevant posts public :  [size=78%](5) Al Wilkins | Facebook[/size]

Or on my just giving page: https://cycle.diabetes.org.uk/fundraising/alan925

It would be good if you would like to donate, but as mentioned above, my main goal is that I'm using the challenge as a motivation tool to push myself to get out there and hopefully become a slimmer and fitter version of myself