« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2021, 7:33 pm »

On Workbench don't ask the waitress at the Oystercatcher for a pint of Benchmark, this results in a puzzled look from the waitress and the reply "do you mean Workbench?" There were no holes to crawl in to in the marquee outside the restaurant so I took it on the chin. :-[
Bless you Steve - still wounded by that aren’t you? :-\  I’m sure the fact that the waitress was gorgeous didn’t make it worse did it? :P

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2021, 4:09 pm »

On Workbench don't ask the waitress at the Oystercatcher for a pint of Benchmark, this results in a puzzled look from the waitress and the reply "do you mean Workbench?" There were no holes to crawl in to in the marquee outside the restaurant so I took it on the chin. :-[
There's no such thing as bad weather, you're just wearing the wrong jacket!!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2021, 3:09 pm »

Now then Mr Brooks. In my never ending quest to educate  ::) , may I pass on some advice regarding the content of your medicine cabinet. There appears to be one vital tincture missing :-\  As you weren't able to join us last year at LF, you may be unaware of the latest offering from Loch Fine Ales - "Workbench". The Honourable Members for LF, Messers Robertson and Holland, introduced us to their latest offering which they said was in fact, superior to the much hallowed "Jarl". I was most incredulous about such a claim but, as is always the case, these gentlemen were entirely correct - Workbench is the new Jarl.
Just saying......

Hope everyone is as OK as can be in these bonkers times - hope Karen is on on the mend...

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2021, 8:39 am »

I feel your pain :)

« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2021, 9:29 pm »

File Name: Ian’s medicine cabinet
File Submitted: January 13, 2021, 9:29:49 PM

Tips for surviving lockdown mania:

1: turn off the TV
2: turn off the radio
3: take 1 bottle of anti-buffoon medicine
4: repeat as required

Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK