Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2021: May 27, 2021 - Jun 11, 2021Please login or register to sign up for this event.
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 9:00 PM »

I've had a look at what's going and and there is some promising progress that would indicate (to me!) that we should be good to go for this event provided nothing goes seriously wrong in the next few weeks.

The govt easing plan up this way is to move to level 3 at end of April with further movement after that.  The area this event is held in will almost certainly be a lower level as it's always had very low disease incidence.  We need to get to level 2 or lower which would allow for tourism travel and campsites to be available to non-locals (but only if they come from the same or lower level area!).  At this level, it'll be the same deal as last year - i.e. outside-only meeting with self-contained camping which is all perfectly do-able.

We won't know what's going on with any certainty until the end of April so I wouldn't book anything just yet (not that you can at the moment!).  Once I'm "released" I'll check out the campsites at inveraray and North Ledaig (for suitability - pretty certain it'll be good) for a second week.  I am very aware that we'll have to move as quickly as we can once we know what's going on as I suspect that domestic tourism demand will rise very rapidly this year!

Page 47 of this doc gives the current roadmap and this page details the revised levels.

« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 1:03 PM »

Ive been trying to ascertain the Scot Gov proposals to Loch Fyne Camp site opening etc.
There are many blind alleys over un updated web sites declaring July opening (when they MEAN 2020!)

Many differing dates are gleaned from differing areas, with some strange anomalies occasionally.
One ive just seen regarding a ban on anyone ELSE being allowed on your pitch, which at this moment precludes a BBQ for all as usually happens when possible.
Clearly only time will tell but wonder if and or when "they" plan to allow bookings etc.
One area allows bookings from April onwards, but fails to say does that mean STAYING will be possible- because I think it may mean "Future bookings" will be possible from April but possibly doesnt say when actual STAYING is to be allowed!
Perhaps its me?
It usually is.
 ::)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2021, 9:43 am »

YES
Different country, but also rather
"different" opinions, dates, information, attitudes,---
alleged government conspiracy------------------------?
etc etc.------

I fear people who have already  died, UK 98,531 at present, ALL ages
or are currently suffering greatly
including the medical staff trying to help, save their lives----ongoing
will no doubt be dismayed to hear opinions stating the danger -----may be manufactured to ensure we follow "them".
"Political connotations"?????
Ask the virus, im sure they aren't bothered by such niceties.
Perhaps this thread needs splitting off as IMHO----
Its nothing to do with Scottish Hoverin, 2021, something I prefer to look forward to,---- spending time in fresh air with friends.
Please.

« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2021, 11:02 am »

Different country so different regulations!  Scottish regs are HERE (they expire on 31st March).  You'll just need to carefully plan your escape after that  ;)

« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2021, 6:56 am »

Apparently the lock down has been quietly extended until
July 17th.
Expiry19.—(1) These Regulations expire at the end of [[/color][/font][/size][/color]F1[/color]17th July 2021[/size]].
[/size](2) This regulation does not affect the validity of anything done pursuant to these Regulations before they expire.[/color]

Get your placards ready !!!

« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2021, 12:47 pm »

I hope its Inveraray Ian! :o
Here is a web cam view of Loch Fyne recently to get us all in the mood---- ::)

« Reply #16 on: Jan 19, 2021, 9:25 pm »

depending on all the many complications / restrictions / cross border difficulties which may all need negotiating.  ::)

I’ll either be in Inveraray or on the steps of No 10 with my placard.  :-X
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2021, 11:49 am »

Hopeful but tempting morsel for these cold days---- 8)

« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2021, 11:45 am »

As usual, we are up freet.
Jane first week, Me for two weeks plus, depending on all the many complications / restrictions / cross border difficulties which may all need negotiating.  ::)
Well worth the efforts IMHO. 8)

« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2020, 9:37 pm »

What are the dates please, I know it says bank holiday but which one ?
Thank you
Jim
Found it in events, probably be ok for the latter second week

« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2020, 9:25 pm »

What are the dates please, I know it says bank holiday but which one ?
Thank you
Jim

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2020, 12:26 pm »

Looks like its already shaping up to be a good one.,👍

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2020, 11:37 am »

This sounds great and assuming we are free, my wife and I would love to come along with our 2 Marlins for part of the event at least!

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2020, 7:44 am »

The virus isn't putting business's out of business, but the restriction imposed on us because of the virus :-(   Either way the if they carry on for much longer the UK will be in some serious financial trouble.   My job is reasonably safe, as long as there are enough people still in work so the Government can pay my wages.  I'm dreading mid January into February, because of the restrictions being eased for a few days over Xmas.  That is going to be the last coffin nail for a lot of people.  :'( 

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2020, 7:01 am »

We will definitely be there.