Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2021: May 27, 2021 - Jun 11, 2021Please login or register to sign up for this event.

« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2020, 11:37 pm »

Hi all, if I'm not away that week I'd be really interested in making some part of the trip.
I camped around that area in the summer, and travelled around Loch fyne it is a lovely place.
Question being would a humble marlin be welcome amongst the larger craft fraternity?
Dave. 👍

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2020, 10:12 pm »

Its not the restrictions are the problem it's the virus, hopefully it will be under control within the next six months or so.
Not sure what other problems we'll have in January if I were to get a ferry with no documents for the craft, shame really as it's on my bucket list to get there. I could leave from Wexford and meet up with Ian and we could raise the appropriate flag depending on who we met 😁😁.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2020, 9:55 pm »

Lets just hope the restrictions are eased by then, as I think half the country will be out of work by then if the restrictions are still in place  :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2020, 8:43 pm »

If there’s still restrictions by then, I’ll be out of a job so I’ll have time to make my way down the Bristol Channel and up the west coast to go down in a lockdown busting blaze of glory when the new coastal patrol gunboats catch up with me. LOL
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2020, 6:37 pm »

The 15th year of the famous Scottish Hoverin at the premier hovercrafting location in the UK (Loch Fyne). 

All welcome for all or any part of the event dates (note that the start date is the Thursday before the Bank Holiday weekend to make travelling a bit less stressful - hopefully!).

Event is mainly based at the Argyll Caravan Park near Inveraray which takes touring campers and caravans (no tents) and has static caravans for hire).  Plenty other accommodation is available in the local area (probably wise to book something if you are attending on the Bank Holiday weekend as it can be busy).  If you have any problems finding any thing please contact me.

Note that this year I hope to organise a two-location event for those that wish.  The first week will be at Loch Fyne and the 2nd week near Oban (hopefully at North Ledaig site).  Don't book anything just yet as I need to visit to confirm!

Hopefully travel restrictions will have eased by this date (although I suspect some other restrictions will still be in place) so this is all just a heads-up on what I hope will be possible (i.e it's all subject to change at short notice)!

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 11:54 am by John Robertson »