« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2020, 7:55 am »

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :-X

« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2020, 9:04 pm »

The 26hp is doing both Lift and thrust.  That's the beauty of the Sevtec design, as they are very efficient and don't require a 100 hp to make them work.
Yes but they work very well with 100hp :) :) ;)

« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2020, 8:40 am »

The 26hp is doing both Lift and thrust.  That's the beauty of the Sevtec design, as they are very efficient and don't require a 100 hp to make them work.

« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2020, 11:56 pm »

Amazing  so its a 36 hp lift and what is the thrust  engine model and HP? it looks amazing  well done!!!

« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2020, 3:27 pm »

Ah.
Really sorry about that.
Thats enough to "concentrate the mind"
Hope it goes well.
Still hope you keep it! ;)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2020, 1:28 pm »

Perhaps Beccy is correct, as it does look a nice (capable) craft, with only minimal dosh tie up?

Shush don't give her more ammo  :D

The issue I have isn't the money, but my confidence out on the water because of my balance problem caused by Meniere's disease.  If they could keep it under control then there would be no question about me keeping it, but so far they haven't managed that.  Another steroid injection in to the ear drum to look forward to on the 16th Nov :( [size=78%] [/size]

« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2020, 12:29 pm »

Perhaps Beccy is correct, as it does look a nice (capable) craft, with only minimal dosh tie up?
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2020, 9:59 pm »

It flies better than it looks.    We all know that the colour will have to be changed if I keep it :-X :-X

I reckon I could lose two rudders as they are very sensitive, but that is literally a two minute job to do.  The brake needs to be foot operated to be of use.

« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2020, 9:52 pm »

Looks really good Al

« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2020, 9:03 pm »

Today I took the Vanguard out for a short test flight.  It shows I haven't flown a hover in over a year.

It unloaded itself from the trailer ???   It was obviously keen to fly after being stood up for the past three years or so.  Anyway it unloaded and done a waltz with me before I parked it up while I moved the trailer and put my life jacket on.

I went to fly down the slipway and it wasn't responding to rudder input, so Becky dragged it a couple of feet then it went off down the slipway, but I had no directional control :o , not impressed so far, then I realised that I had lost my thrust ???   WTF.  On closer inspection it was obvious why.  The stainless hinge pin had come out of the belt tensioner.  I put the pin back in, & noticed that there was supposed to be a split pin in the end.  I hunted in the car and found a couple of keyrings, so I threaded one in one side, but the other side there was no pin sticking out of the frame as it was level with the frame, so no obvious way of stopping the pin from coming out again :( ,  So I thought about it for a minute and threaded a cable tie through the key ring on the end of the pin and secured it to the thrust frame  ;)   That was a good enough bodge for now, but needs to be sorted properly before I take it out for a longer test run. 

Anyway video shows how it performed.  It gets over hump easily and I didn't get any water spray on me.

I need to finish off a couple of small jobs and make a better hinge pin for the thrust belt adjuster.  The biggest job I need to do is make and fit a foot brake, as the hand operated one is too awkward as ideally you need three hands  :-\

I've been told by Becky that I'm not allowed to sell it as she wants me to keep it and use it.  We'll see on that one  :-\ , but it did seem to fly nicely for it's first time out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLeJXmE7DA&t=7s
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2020, 9:29 pm by Al »

« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2020, 2:50 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Video to follow later  ;)

« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2020, 5:05 pm »

It's running much better,  I fitted a new choke cable today and it's in the correct orientation, so no mis fire or black smoke today  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIK2qGGE4yA

« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2020, 11:25 am »

Well it's running :-)  Still had a misfire in this video, but after I thought about it, I realised that I had the choke on  ::) :-[   Runs a lot better now  ;)   Finally feel I'm making some progress with this hover and hopefully will be test flying on the water in a couple of weeks "weather allowing"  Then it will be up for sale if anyone wants a cheap hovercraft.  I'm only looking to cover what it owes me, so a bargain for someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea-Mq7GkOBQ