« Reply #16 on: Sep 15, 2020, 9:49 pm »

that would be cool, thanks

« Reply #15 on: Sep 15, 2020, 5:29 pm »

Buried in between two engines but I'll see if I can find the bearings I used.

« Reply #14 on: Sep 15, 2020, 5:12 pm »

nice, got any pics?

« Reply #13 on: Sep 15, 2020, 5:06 pm »

As you say the blocks are rated for lower speed. I made my own bottom bearing block.

« Reply #12 on: Sep 15, 2020, 4:57 pm »

yep looks that way,

looks like the bottom bearing block is also going to be a challenge. off the shelve plumber type blocks are not rateing to those speeds.

Not going to use one of kens bearing blocks again, i changed the bearings twice before i got it reliable.

« Reply #11 on: Sep 15, 2020, 4:53 pm »

V belts are not that reliable but they are cheap. Went through the same thing with my drive design but once you go above 5000rpm it's time to move away from v.

« Reply #10 on: Sep 15, 2020, 4:48 pm »

i have pretty much come to that conclusion already.

but still investigating both, based on weight and reliability.

« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2020, 4:42 pm »

No v belt system will like 6000 rpm. Multi rib or toothed is the way to go.

« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2020, 1:32 pm »

thanks

jon

« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2020, 10:36 am »

Multi pulley/single V belt designs are usually limited to low power due to the small belt wrap angles (low efficiency) - for higher power you'd need idlers between every pulley set making it parts-expensive (including loaded mounting hardware) and failure prone. 

All of the belt manufacturers supply free design software online (or downloadable).  Gates is probably the most comprehensive (multi pulleys, idlers, quarter turn drives, etc.).

« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2020, 10:20 am »

i want to drive two shafts from the same driven shaft, but thats ok i can do seperate assessments.

the main thing is i want to use a idler tension pulley.

I had some software on my old PC, that i can no longer locate, it would allow optimisation of a ilder pulley design, as it took into acount friction and location of the ilder and tension required, angles etc.

i basically want to do a stress analysis of the drive system and that info would be good to know.

so in a nut shell, i wanted someone to recommend a multi pulley calculation tool, not a two pulley system.

im going to have 69hp at 6000rpm on the driven shaft, spilt to a lift fan and a thrust fan with ilders and tensioners.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2020, 8:38 pm »

yeh that does not really give me all the data i want
What extra data do you need?

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2020, 5:57 pm »

yeh that does not really give me all the data i want

« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2020, 2:03 am »

^^^^^^ Up there under "About"