« Reply #19 on: Jul 12, 2020, 9:51 am »

Some people have it.
I like to share  8)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #18 on: Jul 12, 2020, 9:42 am »

You're perhaps forgetting that people trapped in a reclined chair with a light shining in their face were approached by the vision below :-)
There's no such thing as bad weather, you're just wearing the wrong jacket!!

« Reply #17 on: Jul 08, 2020, 12:42 pm »

You know.....sometimes you realise there is an exception to the rule

« Reply #16 on: Jul 08, 2020, 10:29 am »

Gets my vote!

« Reply #15 on: Jul 07, 2020, 8:51 pm »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

« Reply #14 on: Jul 07, 2020, 6:17 pm »

Sounds like a plan man.  ;) Let me recommend the SEVTEC Surveyor or Prospector for the larger craft. Quite a few on this site as you may have noticed. Very safe, stable machines. Not the prettiest but probably the best light hover today.

Beauty beholder etc :) :) :)

« Reply #13 on: Jul 07, 2020, 3:26 pm »

Agreed! 8)

« Reply #12 on: Jul 07, 2020, 12:53 pm »

Sounds like a plan man.  ;) Let me recommend the SEVTEC Surveyor or Prospector for the larger craft. Quite a few on this site as you may have noticed. Very safe, stable machines. Not the prettiest but probably the best light hover today.

« Reply #11 on: Jul 07, 2020, 3:56 am »

G'day Eric,
I'm only in the planing stages at the moment but I like the Aussie Viper models, I've also downloaded the free Turbo Superwedge plans from this site.
I have a Rotax 582 and 447 both with reduction gearbox and an Italian made 28hp Paramotor engine to play with but my goals are to build a simple intergrated fan two seat cruiser for a practice run and later a four passenger single engine 1 litre 4 stroke for longer distance travel and reliability....I can't wait to get started after this virus madness is over  ::)
SOUTHERN  PHILIPPINES

« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2020, 7:23 pm »

I have since discovered that the material I have is Polyurethane coated  nylon weave.

Pretty much ideal ideal by the sound of it.  PU is good and the weight is good.

You could do an export trade at that price!
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #9 on: Jul 06, 2020, 1:43 pm »

Hi Barnold, what make of craft are you working on?  Eric from Bundy. Qld.  8)

« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2020, 12:33 pm »

I have since discovered that the material I have is Polyurethane coated  nylon weave.
SOUTHERN  PHILIPPINES

« Reply #7 on: Jul 06, 2020, 4:58 am »

1 square metre weighs 436 grams.  The local upholsterer will sew together 60 fingers for 1000 pesos (AU $30) so I think I'll run with this material that I already have, I've seen much heavier Hovercraft material for sale from different suppliers on the web. Thanks for all the advice so far....stand by for many more questions to come
SOUTHERN  PHILIPPINES

« Reply #6 on: Jul 05, 2020, 9:45 pm »

it's very light and flexible material

Finger skirt material needs to be as flexible as possible, I would say certainly no stiffer than a comfortable denim. The first skirt on my craft was incredibly light (about 4/6oz) and I notice the poorer performance on the newer, slightly heavier (about 6/8oz replacement (couldn't get any more of the original material) 

Leave the truck side material for the bag skirt guys and even then choosing the right weight and type for bags is very important.

Your skirt (made well) is going to be there for a good 5 years all going well. Choose carefully and you'll make and buy it just once, choose poorly and you will be making another within weeks muttering heavily under you breath.
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

« Reply #5 on: Jul 05, 2020, 2:45 pm »

Yes Nick I'm a retired Australian expat, been building and flying ultralight aircraft around here for eight years but this year I promised the wife I'll find a safer pastime without mentioning that hovercraft can also fly if you add a few more bits  :D
SOUTHERN  PHILIPPINES