« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 11:47 pm »

Soon, soon. Roll on Galey Bay.

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 10:48 am »

David, here's me thinking you had moved up beside me so I had a buddy to go cruising with  ;D

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 10:41 am »

Yep - obviously confusing for the geo lookup as your account shows two countries (Ireland and UK)?  Once fixed it'll take 24hours or so to update the location on the map.

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2020, 11:37 pm »

Bi-location. Its all the rage now. ;)

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2020, 10:51 pm »

If it's the member map then the exact locations are intentionally hidden (by restricting the address postcode accuracy) to avoid showing a location pointer right on someone's house!  In most countries that should get you within 0.2-5km of the actual address.
David's around 200km off and in the wrong country :) .

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 10:37 pm »

If it's the member map then the exact locations are intentionally hidden (by restricting the address postcode accuracy) to avoid showing a location pointer right on someone's house!  In most countries that should get you within 0.2-5km of the actual address.

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 10:04 pm »

Not sure where you guys are seeing this?  The member map stuff looks OK to me?
It's showing David way up north, way beyond the 5km limit he's allowed travel at the moment :) . Maybe he's auditioning for Game of Thrones? :) :)

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 8:32 pm »

Not sure where you guys are seeing this?  The member map stuff looks OK to me?

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 12:01 am »

You're lucky. At least Kerry is in "Southern Ireland". Dublin appears to be in the UK? :-[

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 10:47 pm »

I like the nice clean look!
Yes, it looks good.  Still lists me in Southern Ireland , strange as there's no such country! :)

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 9:33 pm »

I like the nice clean look!
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 1:15 pm »

Thanks John.
All sorted now.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 10:59 am »

Exciting update readers-
WHATS NEW-- top left forum page-
At the very right theres a blue triangle- Click THIS to remove the NEW posts alert.
Job sorted. Jane thinks Im wonderful.
I couldn't possibly comment--- ::)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 10:53 am »

Morning John!
What is "page two"? I don't have one.
"Disable Auto play" in browser- won't doing this have other consequences?
Ive not heard the bong alarm before your kind re-vamp of the site--. Presume its new, and it is IMHO
interfering with my enjoyment also.  :'(

Its similar to the loud noise when I (inadvertently) log
onto a "girlie web site"
In THIS case it is ALSO followed by a severe pain on the top of my head.
My wife Denys hitting me with the hand held saucepan, declaring---
"Its a coincidence~~~ NOT a saucepan"!

I would deem it a personal favour IF you were able to"unfit the bong" as I don't understand how to turn off the bong, OR what its for.
Ive survived for many years bongless~~ and coincidentally was hoping to live out my fading years thus "unencumbered"

Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 9:00 am »

The instant notifications has been there since 2011!  Two ways to mute it are 1. Close/collapse the What's New module on the page 2. Disable audio autoplay in your browser (for Firefox see HERE - other browsers have something similar).

The post order can be changed in your settings -  Profile->Look and Layout->Show most recent posts at the top.