Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2020: Aug 27, 2020 - Sep 12, 2020Please login or register to sign up for this event.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2020, 1:12 pm »

So..is it official or a club thing? No offence meant.  ;) Do you need a boat licence?

« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2020, 8:48 am »

What does PLS1,,,stand for?   We are required to have a standard boat licence which is issued after a training course & exam. ( Oz ). No radio use is required ,,,thanks.

Pilot License System. Which is really a misnomer, as it's really a confirmation of pilot competence and agreement to operate by the Club code of conduct. But local authorities like the term "licence" so there it is.
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2020, 4:17 am »

Hi, reference licence requirements; What does PLS1,,,stand for?   We are required to have a standard boat licence which is issued after a training course & exam. ( Oz ). No radio use is required ,,,thanks.

« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2020, 6:12 pm »

For newbies (and even "oldbies") it's worth a few minutes looking at the basic training guide (Click HERE).  Also worth applying for a licence or upgrading you existing licence online (HERE) - the questions are a useful knowledge refresher!

This cruise is held in what is basically open salt water - weather conditions can change rapidly for the worse so safety should be everyone's number 1 priority.  The nearest RNLI boat station is around 40 miles from the top end of the Loch - you have almost no chance of professional rescue!

Also worth looking over our engine Marinisation guide - salt water/air will rapidly (sometimes just a couple of days!) kill your craft unless everything is properly protected.
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2020, 7:25 pm by John Robertson »

« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2020, 10:45 am »

Craft reg in "Media".
But, I've tried three times to reg the craft and or post in Gallery etc, but the system simply goes blank.
Try again with a reduced size image (email it to yourself to reduce the size then post the emailed copy).  Maximum image size is 3096 x 2048 pixels.

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2020, 11:44 am »

Craft reg in "Media".
But, I've tried three times to reg the craft and or post in Gallery etc, but the system simply goes blank.
I blame storm Dennis for everything.
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2020, 3:45 pm »

If you haven't registered your hovercraft with the club then please do so (click HERE) - it would be usefull if your call sign and SSR number are known to other attendees on safety grounds.
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2020, 4:43 pm by John Robertson »

« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2020, 9:16 am »

If you are a "new attendee" -- Please send PM to me (Nick Flint) with your mobile number if you are on Whatsapp and wish to be included with all previous inmates. We've found it a good way to communicate.
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2020, 3:44 pm »

The 14th year of the famous Scottish Hoverin at the premier hovercrafting location in the UK (Loch Fyne). 

All welcome for all or any part of the event dates (note that the start date is the Thursday before the Bank Holiday weekend to make travelling a bit less stressful - hopefully!).

Event is mainly based at the Argyll Caravan Park near Inveraray).  Plenty accommodation is available in the local area (probably wise to book something if you are attending on the Bank Holiday weekend as it can be busy).  If you have any problems finding any thing please contact me.

« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2020, 8:21 am by John Robertson »