Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2020: Aug 27, 2020 - Sep 12, 2020Please login or register to sign up for this event.
« Reply #42 on: Aug 08, 2020, 5:56 pm »

It's the big detour I'm afraid ("only" 60 miles!).  It was a major slip which has also wiped out the old road and, even worse, taken part of the downhill side of the slope which may have compromised the road foundations.  Could well be several weeks before  it re-opens!

No problem - extended tour of Scotland always welcome ;)

« Reply #41 on: Aug 08, 2020, 10:20 am »

« Reply #40 on: Aug 07, 2020, 8:53 am »

It's the big detour I'm afraid ("only" 60 miles!).  It was a major slip which has also wiped out the old road and, even worse, taken part of the downhill side of the slope which may have compromised the road foundations.  Could well be several weeks before  it re-opens!
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2020, 11:31 am by John Robertson »

« Reply #39 on: Aug 06, 2020, 6:44 pm »

Thanks for the heads-up Mike - much appreciated - hope it gets (and stays!!) fixed for our arrival...

John - do you happen to know if they are still using the 'convoy system" on the old military road when the main road is totally closed due to landslips or do we "enjoy" the grand detour still? :-\

« Reply #38 on: Aug 05, 2020, 9:41 pm »

To those travelling up from the south
slight problem on "Rest and be Thankful" again!landslip, Road blocked let's hope its cleared by the end of the month.no doubt there will be traffic lights as usual 
Mike B

« Reply #37 on: Jul 30, 2020, 11:34 am »

Good, we'll be there, in the usual auto sleepers. (red carnations optional)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #36 on: Jul 29, 2020, 4:11 pm »

That's us booked on campsite Aug 31 & Sept 1st  :)   Hopefully see a few of you there

« Reply #35 on: Jul 28, 2020, 10:25 pm »

I got through to the campsite today, but they said they have space for when we plan on coming down, but wouldn't take my details or payment.  They asked me to email my details and they would get back to me in a day or two to take payment.  Hopefully Becky & I will be there Mon 31st & Tues 1st.  We're booked in at Arisaig from the 2nd 

« Reply #34 on: Jul 27, 2020, 4:10 pm »

Got a reply at last and we've paid up! Looking forward to it 8)

« Reply #33 on: Jul 27, 2020, 9:46 am »

We are hoping to arrive on Thursday and stay for 2 weeks.
We will probably be a bit smelly by the end, as the shower in the camper is a bit ( a lot ) weaker than a domestic one.
But due to social distancing, it perhaps won’t be too offensive.
Looking forward to seeing you all there

See the source image

« Reply #32 on: Jul 26, 2020, 8:11 pm »

We are hoping to arrive on Thursday and stay for 2 weeks.
We will probably be a bit smelly by the end, as the shower in the camper is a bit ( a lot ) weaker than a domestic one.
But due to social distancing, it perhaps won’t be too offensive.
Looking forward to seeing you all there[size=78%] [/size]

« Reply #31 on: Jul 25, 2020, 5:10 pm »

I’ve just “confirmed” us. Planning to arrive on Friday 28th and stay for one week but may extend longer.
Can’t get a reply from the Argyll site yet but will persevere...

« Reply #30 on: Jul 25, 2020, 3:35 pm »

Hoping to get down for a couple of days.  I haven't used the shower in our pikey hut yet, so will have to check to see it works ok.  Always found it less hassle to use site facilities up to now, but certainly reluctant to use them in current climate.

I can't believe the mess the campers are leaving up here at the moment.  Very few public toilets open, a lot of campsites facilities also shut, so as you can imagine campers and tourist[size=78%] [/size][/size]are leaving more rubbish behind than they normally do.  People are even finding piles of :-X it in their gardens wrapped in toilet tissue :o    You would think in the current climate people would have more respect and dispose of their natural and other waste responsibly[size=78%]

« Reply #29 on: Jul 25, 2020, 1:02 pm »

Looks like only self-contained available at the caravan park this year (no communal showers or toilets) see https://www.argyllcaravanpark.com/coronavirus

This is slightly less than ideal so could those who are still attending please confirm in the event list at the top of this page (and, if not attending remove your name) so we can hopefully plan for some safe communal activity?

« Reply #28 on: Jul 25, 2020, 10:42 am »

Sorry to hear you are still not "bang on" Al. Hope to see you.
------------------------------------------------------------

The campsite Covid page has one rather good piece of advice-
Bearing in mind few of us actually USE their onboard showers -
They suggest running thoroughly before use. MY water system always has a beginning of season good dose of antiviral and bacteria cleaner.
Legionella IS most possible in stagnant (warm) water.
I gather car screen wash is another area to pay attention to---
(Other nasty diseases ARE available)  ::)
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT