« Reply #19 on: Dec 27, 2019, 12:12 pm »

I'm actually using it as a scouting run to find the contraband route for when Boris & the EU have finished their negotiations  ;D We'll have to arrange a meeting point to exchange cargos,  ;D It'll just be like the old days before the common market  ;D ;D
You can't beat the smell of a 2 stroke  ;)

« Reply #18 on: Dec 26, 2019, 4:01 pm »

We've been on Lough Mcnean as part of our international cruise that involved two countries, I probably still have my GPS track somewhere that showed several border crossings down the middle of the lake😁😁😁.
Yes, there's a two stroke in the garage ;)

« Reply #17 on: Dec 26, 2019, 3:47 pm »

Hi Philip,
Will do, we're up for fitting as much cruising in as possible & definitely want to get back down to your part of the world, one of our Christmas presents is several nights camping at Rushin House from which we can launch directly onto Lough Macnean, we're going to use this early in the year to make sure we've got the craft running as we would like, after that it's just a matter of fitting in cruises when we can, so keep me updated on anything your planning.
What's happening on the Trabant front, got one yet  ;D

Hi Nick,
We intend to be over to your part of the world next year, we've missed the Liverpool cruises for the past couple of years due to previously mentioned ill health so want to get back over to them, also want to get out on some of the Scottish outings, it's just a matter of fitting things in, so all being well we'll meet up.

« Reply #16 on: Dec 26, 2019, 12:45 pm »

Hello Joe.
Will you be limited to your side of the damp patch, or will you be crossing over to the dark side occaisionally?
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #15 on: Dec 24, 2019, 4:00 pm »

Joe, good to hear all is well,  let us know when you're ready to go and we'll meet you somewhere like Lough Ree.

« Reply #14 on: Dec 24, 2019, 2:27 pm »

Haven't been on the forum for some time so have just come across this topic, yes I can confirm that Al's craft has gone to another Island not too far from him, just down the coast a bit & a hop across the puddle  ;D I've bought it.
Due to ill health my hover activities had been drastically reduced but as now on the mend I decided I needed something bigger than the Marlin. I had considered Tom's craft, it's been well looked after &  in great condition with no expense spared on it, all it needs is filling with petrol & it's ready to go, but as I was looking something that I could work on & change to my specs, Al's suited my needs better, Al told me what needed finishing & even supplied the parts.
I had it out on the way home for a shake down test & it performed well, so now looking forward to finishing it off & getting back out on some cruises next year  ;D  ;D
So can I wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year & lot's of happy hovering  ;D

« Reply #13 on: Nov 10, 2019, 12:51 pm »

Yes I heard that, the new owner couldn't wait to take it out. Glad it went to someone who's going to use it.

« Reply #12 on: Nov 10, 2019, 12:36 pm »

You could be right there Philip  :-X   It has already been out on the water since leaving me

« Reply #11 on: Nov 10, 2019, 12:11 pm »

I understand it's gone to another island ;)  Hope to see on action next year,

« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2019, 9:28 am »

Good news Al.
All the best.
Nick
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2019, 2:04 pm »

Sold subject to collection

I will not reveal who the potential buyer is, that will be down to that person if they wish to.

« Reply #8 on: Oct 09, 2019, 3:38 pm »

Just been relisted on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163898655656

« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2019, 1:18 pm »

« Reply #6 on: Sep 04, 2019, 8:49 am »

I have no enthusiasm for flying the hovers.  It's nothing to do with the hover or the hover community, there just is no spark that I use to have for flying them.  As I said above, I enjoy building them, but not flying them. So it's time to move on to something else, I don't know what yet, possibly building a traction engine, or building something else, I'm not sure.

« Reply #5 on: Sep 04, 2019, 12:38 am »

Al  why are you giving it up I was not pleased what happened in Scotland that's water under the bridge now  stay with it Tom