Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2019: May 25, 2019 - Jun 08, 2019Please login or register to sign up for this event.

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2019, 10:54 am »

Hy NICK F here as I’m on Kim’s taboo Cos mine can’t access hinternet cos I’m too stingee to buy a dongle thingie or what. What a fabbo time here. ‘Tis a pleasant mele’ of what makes this club so good.
1 At Present we feel sure the HERO OF THE HOLIDAY must “presently”be awarded to TOM Tilley kettle for sourcing and then driving back past Glasgow (other Scottish cities are available) for a quick weld jobbie on ONE of his exhausts.
2 I’ve taken it upon myself to illustrate many and various ways to NOT arrive. Currently these include the oh so delicate, but mildly disappointing stop, JUST below where is safe to leave bearing in mind the water stuff does innie and outie things occasionally. I managed a real corker last night , unfortunately no one saw me take an an announced glancing blow from a small firm thing on the approach to the brown lagoon where we moor for the night. This resulted in a rather crude mounting of a quite huge boulder. It was most similar to Galapagos giant tortoises making love, (without the pleasure) but all the grating and grunting noises were there. There was a silent moment, followed by a gentle side slide off to the left.
Jaunty angle was similar to the cowboy hat ” gerdorf yer horse and drink yet milk”
Other fails included the “nearly spin”on arrival.
Overshoot to land so far past the sweet spot I was in a different post code.
3 The patience award currently goes to JR for having to return home for the weekdays.
PALEASE QPLEASE understand that hinternetterie is low here so video and even just posting is time consuming or impossible.
4 Dronage footage will be good apart from the rather cloudy aspect.
KIms fed up now as his paddle thing is worn out. Will revert shortly
Nick over and out............

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2019, 8:45 am »

Another one

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2019, 8:44 am »

Pics have been a bit sparse. So here’s a couple from when we went to the brewery.

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2019, 9:45 pm »

Where's the brewery? :P
https://www.fyneales.com/contact/ - well worth a visit - top notch ales!  Fynefest is on this weekend - free music and quality beer!

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2019, 9:12 pm »

3 of us made it down to the brewery yesterday - great little trip
Where's the brewery? :P

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2019, 7:37 pm »

Weather not so great today but a nice trip to Otter Ferry and Kilfinan Bay before the weather closed in....

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2019, 7:33 pm »

3 of us made it down to the brewery yesterday - great little trip

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2019, 12:55 pm »

Join the WhatsApp group and you'll know where everyone is.

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2019, 7:32 pm »

Not sure if I'll get time to try and catch up with others as I'm staying about 30 miles away by road but about a mile as the crow flies. I can see John's place from our window.

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2019, 6:32 pm »

Hopefully it uploads this time

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2019, 6:19 pm »

Popped to the campsite this afternoon, 3 hovers needing repair.

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2019, 9:57 am »

Great day Hovering locally yesterday. No WiFi where we are camped so minimal pics using mobile data...
Will try and post more later

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2019, 6:42 pm »

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2019, 11:56 pm »

No hovering today  :( Arrived yesterday mid afternoon, dropped the craft off the trailer. Saw Nick and Ronnie at Johns place, they hovered in for a little lesson in skirt welding! Then got pretty much straight out for a quick run to Lachlan castle followed by Otter Ferry for a pint of Jarl at the Oyster Catcher. John's local! A good run, even if it was belting it down and the windscreen wiper was working overtime. No pics I'm afraid - too wet!
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2019, 9:04 pm »

Weather has been crap on the west coast the last couple of days.  That maybe the reason no pics yet.