Linked Events

• Scottish Hoverin 2017: May 27, 2017 - Jun 10, 2017Please login or register to sign up for this event.

« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2017, 4:29 pm »

Hi  I'm just thinking on your planes   going on the Scotland cruising  for two weeks or one week if one week what  week please 
         as I'm going for one week .                 
                                                                  Tom

« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 2017, 2:56 pm »

Sorry campsite is at Cuan ferry not cullipool

« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2017, 2:14 pm »

There is a small campsite at Cullipool near to the ferry for Luing in the isle of siel. It has hard standing and a grass area for tents, new toilet and shower facilities. It works on an honesty box system. We found it by chance. It is not advertised and is the only campsite on Siel
 Island. I'm not sure about landing sites though.  Wild camping is allowed on Luing but again I'm not sure about landing sites.
I hope this is of help if you are planning to visit the bridge over the Atlantic. No petrol station.

« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2017, 1:05 pm »

The Google Map looks out of date as Petrol Pump  appears to have been removed and a tree replaces it!!
The 360 view of car park (Image taken 2011) shows pump BUT a view from bridge (2015)  no pump!!!
Photo here of slip at south end of Seil used by Cuan ferry
Another link from top of Bridge at low water
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2017, 2:47 pm by Gaz »

« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2017, 12:49 pm »

JR, Looks like a fantastic trip, I stopped here last year, photos attached!
Photo 110 looking N from Bridge and 112 S
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2017, 12:57 pm by Warby »

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2017, 11:51 am »

This is one of the sights on this side trip - it's called the "Bridge over the Atlantic" which, whilst technically correct (it connects island of Seil to the mainland), is maybe a bit of a stretch!  Hopefully the channel will be clear/wide enough to allow us passage at low tide

Image is interactive (zoome scan, etc.):
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2017, 12:03 pm by John Robertson »

« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2017, 11:01 pm »

The main event is based at the Argyll Caravan Park (details in HERE)

The camping trip is optional (in fact, it isn't recommended for inexperienced operators (or craft) as there are a couple of open westerly exposed bits that, unless we get VERY lucky, could be quite rough!).  Recovery would be tricky/impossible in most of it (fuel might also an issue as you'd need to be self-sufficient (with safety margin) for the entire duration as the only filling station is in Oban - and is a taxi ride from the shore!).

« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2017, 10:53 pm »

Where is the campsite/camper base for this event?
Taynuilt
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2017, 10:43 pm »

Where is the campsite/camper base for this event?

« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2017, 9:58 pm »

Looks like a classic run  :D we did manage the Loch Leven run a couple of years back so it could happen.
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2017, 8:10 pm »

It'd be nice to get a weather window to be able to do a trip like this (map is fully interactive - you can drag. zoom, etc. full size map is HERE):

3 day trip with 2 nights wild camping.  I've added some basic interest points to visit - there are plenty more available in this area!

« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2016, 10:03 pm »

It could be like THIS again :)