« Reply #39 on: Apr 07, 2016, 10:37 pm »

Big tides Ian hope Sabrina's safe

« Reply #38 on: Apr 04, 2016, 9:05 pm »

It's about time I joined my mate of  the river. Give me a shout with a little notice

It is ...  ☺ ... I am a bit sh#te when it comes to planning!
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #37 on: Apr 04, 2016, 10:29 am »

It's about time I joined my mate of  the river. Give me a shout with a little notice

Pete Gow

« Reply #36 on: Mar 31, 2016, 12:48 pm »

Thank you Ian, much appreciated

« Reply #35 on: Mar 23, 2016, 9:26 pm »

Just for Pete here's a couple more views from last Sunday's run ☺

Hock Cliff near Arlingham. A great place if you like fossils!

The view towards Sharpness from The Noose

When you see pictures like this the Severn looks very gentle and benign. Don't be fooled, the River is just biding its time, in a few days the bore will be roaring up like a train and there'll be 6 ft standing waves waiting to catch the unwary 😨
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2016, 9:32 pm by Ian Brooks »
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

Pete Gow

« Reply #34 on: Mar 23, 2016, 3:14 pm »

Loving these views of the mighty River Severn, I live in Lydney but usually just see the river from the A48 o  the trips onto Gloucester or from Lydney docks when wasting some time sorry I mean getting some fresh air.

gavinparson

« Reply #33 on: Mar 21, 2016, 6:49 am »

Looks beautiful Ian. I took an evening stroll with the family by the Medway and it looked flat calm too. Spectacular sunset as well.

« Reply #32 on: Mar 20, 2016, 10:37 pm »

Nice weather today. The river was about the lowest I've ever seen and the tides were good, so a little run was called for. First thing that happened was I found the taperlock that fell in the River at Christmas! There it was stuck in the mud!

Perfect conditions let me get almost to Sharpness. I did have a disaster ... Forgot the matches so no tea!!!

Here's a couple of pics from the way back.

Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #31 on: Mar 13, 2016, 9:37 pm »

Nice weather for a run. There's been a series of big bores in the last few days and the River was well up, but the low tide timing was pretty much ideal for a trip down the Frampton. Perfect  weather, but as usual I had the River to myself. Just the occasional walker to wave to!

Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #30 on: Mar 12, 2016, 1:27 pm »

Not strange at all - kart and aircraft engines are service items for OEM products.  No manufacturer is daft enough to setup a costly service and distribution network for a product that isn't already sold in volume within the UK/EU marketplace (i.e they won't sell enough to justify the cost)?

I don't understand all this analysing over engines - there are hundreds out there in volume production to choose from - pick something low-maintenance that's within the specified engine weight/space/power range of the craft (including mounts & transmission!) and go for it - it's just one component of a hovercraft and certainly not the most important.

« Reply #29 on: Mar 12, 2016, 12:54 pm »

Its strange the way they (Rotax) operate. You can go out and buy a kart engine from a Rotax dealer, you can even buy an aircraft engine from a dealer but it appears there are no dealers for any of the other engines. I remember years ago I think Bill Baker used to sell them.

gavinparson

« Reply #28 on: Mar 12, 2016, 12:29 pm »

I enquired about buying some Rotax engines last year and was turned down flat by them unless I wanted a thousand a year.

« Reply #27 on: Mar 12, 2016, 11:02 am »

If anyone wants to see a picture or info on the V810 engine, Google Rotax V810 , NOT Bombardier.
In 2003 Bombardier Inc sold Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) to a group of investers. Bombardier actually manufacture aerospace and rail (as in train) products while BRP manufacture Rotax engines, Evinrude Outboards, Sea Doo jet skis and SkiDoo Snowmobiles. Google BRP and select Rotax to see all their products.
Their latest 2 strokes might be interesting as they are direct injection (like Evinrude outboards) very low emissions and LIGHT weight , any thoughts?
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2016, 11:26 am by Warby »

« Reply #26 on: Mar 12, 2016, 10:31 am »

There you go .... if you need a picture of the actual engine then I'm sure Google can help with that.

gavinparson

« Reply #25 on: Mar 12, 2016, 10:02 am »

Post a pic then