implanecrazy

« Reply #24 on: Jul 12, 2015, 8:38 pm »

I just find the flying boring now, the spark has gone for me and I need something new to get my teeth into.  I love the building bit just the flying does nothing for me now.  I used to have a big grin on my face when I went out on the hover, now its a chore just to hook the trailer up and take it to the beach  ???  So time to move on me thinks

gavinparson

« Reply #23 on: Jul 12, 2015, 8:31 pm »

You need to get out of the wilderness and join others visiting different places.

implanecrazy

« Reply #22 on: Jul 12, 2015, 6:51 pm »

Sounds like a hovercraft to me

Yes I'm working on the scaled up Surveyor at the moment, Once painted, I can start my new project, which is not hovercraft related: 

I'm actually bored with hovercraft, I like the building but flying them has lost its appeal so moving on to something else
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2015, 7:12 pm by AJW »

gavinparson

« Reply #21 on: Jul 12, 2015, 6:44 pm »

More progress made today, still a few weeks away from painting the craft due to other commitments, but I can see the end of the tunnel  ;D 

Sounds like a hovercraft to me

implanecrazy

« Reply #20 on: Jul 12, 2015, 5:49 pm »

thought you were getting out of hovercrafting?

Who said it was a hovercraft?  ;)

« Reply #19 on: Jul 12, 2015, 4:50 pm »

thought you were getting out of hovercrafting?

implanecrazy

« Reply #18 on: Jul 12, 2015, 4:35 pm »

More progress made today, still a few weeks away from painting the craft due to other commitments, but I can see the end of the tunnel  ;D 

I have a colour in mind and yes its different,  ;D ;D 8) but if anyone wants to buy this hull then I am happy to supply it in a colour of your choice.  I'm itching to get cracking on my new project which will be using resin infusion to produce the hull, but I cant do that until this one is finished.  I already have the moulds, just no time or space at the moment  :(

implanecrazy

« Reply #17 on: Jun 21, 2015, 8:52 pm »

Actually found time to spend an hour on the hull today, so I started to do the filler work.  Hopefully I can get a few hours on it next week, but the way things have been lately I wont hold my breath.

implanecrazy

« Reply #16 on: Apr 13, 2015, 4:03 pm »

I finally managed to find some time on Sunday to do some more work on the Surveyor.  Since the beginning of December there has been one thing after another needing my spare time.  Anyway I finally managed to fit the rear lift duct.  I still have the top deck to glass, but the lift duct is glassed in place on the under side.  What a lovely job that was led on my back with vinylester running up my arm, dripping on me & the floor, putting my head in the resin that had dripped on the floor, at least this time I managed to was the resin out of my hair before it hardened, unlike last time  ::) :-[  I have since cut out the 20 hard points on the rear deck.  "I know I don't need 20" but I have given myself 2 engine install options ;)

I am hoping to spend another day on it this coming Sunday, which should see me finish the glassing on the rear deck.

I know the TS3 is crying out for me to repair it, which I have also started and ordered the new bits I need, but hopefully I can spend time working on both craft over the coming weeks.  The new thrust frame should be sent off to the powder coaters next week, maybe the week after.  I will be working flat out on it to get it finished for Loch Fyne in 6 weeks time, but that's another thread  :D

« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2015, 4:26 pm by AJW »

« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2014, 1:31 pm »

Mines got loads of colour.

Kip

« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2014, 1:11 pm »

Two tone brown is even nicer.
Kip

« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2014, 12:17 pm »

Browns nice.

implanecrazy

« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2014, 6:32 pm »

Don't worry Nick, its not going to be purple as I have been there, but lets just say the explorer colour was tame in comparison ;D

« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2014, 6:20 pm »

Oh NO--- Purple is what your extremities go in this weather.
It is NOT a good look, suggesting frost bite is just around the corner.
Al--- keep it warm and well ventilated to avoid purple-osis.
This is the chronic version of purple-isation, and cannot be ignored with impunity.
If Kip can use big words-- so can I.
His are English words, mine"might not be"

Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

implanecrazy

« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2014, 6:11 pm »

:o But I like that purple  ;)

The colour of his one is, lets just say bright and easily seen ;D