« Reply #8 on: Jul 28, 2014, 10:34 pm »

Thanks Nathan, gnf
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2014, 5:20 pm »

I've been down to measure up and the one I use is just over 9 feet, Pete's slipway is about 13 feet wide.

« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2014, 7:52 am »

Nathan is one the pub owner.
If you want to organise a cruise and launch is an issue,the humber rescue site could be a launch site for some and meet at the tank ramp.
No not the pub owner, I have landed on the bank at the pub, but you can only do that on a very high tide!

« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2014, 6:34 am »

Nathan is one the pub owner.
If you want to organise a cruise and launch is an issue,the humber rescue site could be a launch site for some and meet at the tank ramp.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2014, 10:37 pm »

We also have the key to the slipway at the end of the Humber Bridge (check with Gazza) which is wide, shallow and easy. See guide!

Ian
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2014, 7:25 pm »

Nick it's one of two in my home village of Burton Stather, they are not a public slipways but if you would like to use them I can facilitate for you, as I'm mates with both of the owners. I'll go down with my tape measure tomorrow and see how wide they are.

The same goes for any club members as long as I know who and when. In return I should like to join them in my hovercraft so I can gain advice on my hovering technique as I'm currently making it up as I go along!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2014, 6:46 pm »

Thanks Nathan. For obvious reasons can you give me Sat Nav + details of launch site, width, approach, and where you went, so I can assess if KingFisher is able to operate. She is after all 8 ft wide, and THATS wider than my wife! ;) Perhaps put details on the launch site info facility on the club web site?
That water is the colour I remember from 40 yrs ago at Newark!
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2014, 11:25 am »

I took a little trip on the Trent, my mate Joy joined me on her jet ski! Mad woman buzzed me at 7:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mON6oB0-mkU#ws
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2014, 6:34 pm by John Robertson »