« Reply #15 on: Mar 06, 2013, 5:44 pm »

Cheers John....... i,ve been done. Thankful its nothing to worry about!!

« Reply #14 on: Mar 06, 2013, 8:35 am »

Several of you have had your email address lists hacked (I've had many spam emails over the last week purporting to come from various member's email addresses) - most seem to be Yahoo accounts.  The link in the emails being sent is just a spam advert - nothing malicious.  The originators have installed the "advert" page by hacking into a number of perfectly "normal" web servers around the world and seem to have hacked personal computers to collect address lists.

I know it's been said many times but never, ever, ever, ever click on a link in an email even if you think you know the sender or what it's about.  Don't download or install anything "free" or that you're told you need to stop your computer dying unless you are ABSOLUTELY sure of it's origin (check for a product web site for starters)!

gavinparson

« Reply #13 on: Mar 06, 2013, 7:05 am »

My email has been hacked to so apologies to anyone who's received anything weird from me. Should be fine now though.

« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2013, 10:12 pm »

Its likely said virus is not even on your pc, but in theme virtual email server, just change the password on your account should fix it

kevthehover

« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2013, 9:35 pm »

Email Virus again.
If anyone has recieved an email with a link from me that  asks you to open please dont it appears the dreaded email virus is about again.
I have recieved simalar emails from other members and they contain the same link so it must be doing the rounds again so please do not open and run your virus software and check the virus is w3i.IQ5 fraud.
Anyone got a program to zap it please? spybot cannot remove it.
Thanks

« Reply #10 on: Oct 05, 2012, 8:15 pm »

At least he left you something for you to remember him by :D
;D ;D ;D ;D Al you are cruel!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

implanecrazy

« Reply #9 on: Oct 05, 2012, 8:10 pm »

At least he left you something for you to remember him by :D

« Reply #8 on: Oct 05, 2012, 8:03 pm »

the virus probably came off the email server!

to get rid of any virus you have to scan and run things like spybot with the PC booted in safemode. you also need to work out which files the virus is hiding in on your machine.

my father in law looked after our house once, when we went on holiday. within 30mins of use leaving he was downloading iffy music sites 630 different songs and i got over 35 viruses.

« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2012, 7:23 pm »

Use Spybot search & destroy to get rid of this.

Instructions here: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=64414

« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2012, 6:14 pm »

try super anti spyware its good for that type of menace regards sandy

kevthehover

« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2012, 6:03 pm »

Nick im currently useing another Pc from another location so i hope i have not caused any problems to the board.

Kev

« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2012, 5:59 pm »

Sorry to hear of your problems Kev. On a parallel concern,,,,,,,, Does anyone know if WE have we been affected? :-[ gnf
Memories are BETTER than Dreams---"Capn" FLINT

kevthehover

« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2012, 5:24 pm »

I believe its a W3i IQ5 Fraud thats comeing up in avast antivirus but it will not get shot of the virus i have also ran Spybot and it to will not get shot of the virus.

This PC has not been used for any naughty sites so i do not know how i have come to get the virus in the first place i am just desperate to sort this out.

Thank you
Kev

« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2012, 3:08 pm »

what virus is it any ideas

kevthehover

« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2012, 2:07 pm »

Dear All Members,

Please accept my sincere apologies if you have received an unsolicited email from over the last few days, my yahoo account has been hacked ( first time in 12 years)and I have been unable to use my email account to inform anyone on my email list, but i can still receive emails from  people.

As soon as my email account is back up and working I will inform you all.

Thanks to Nick F and a few others for letting me know and also if anyone has any suggestions of how to get rid of this  virus please let me know via  the board.

I do have anti virus on the computer but it appears to have bypassed it.

Kindest regards

Kev