Open Forums > General

A slight problem with the trailer

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bryan White:
There was no warning at all. I,m sure i have never checked them since the day i put them on. With all the pot holes in the roads they have worked lose and then give way.
Still new wheels and hubs turned up today so back in the game by tomorrow night. I will be checking those nuts on a regular basis.

Nick Flint:
Brian, have you found out why the studs sheared? Was perhaps the wheel loose ont studs afore the incident sir? Was there no "pre incident wobble" to warn of its inpending and intended departure? It does relieve constipation fairly effectively.
My preference is for the four wheel variety for that very reason, as stopping (as you HAD to do) can be fatal, as youve found out (the easy way, thank god).
My car broke down in mountenous  Basque Spain (just after some tourists were killed by the separitists! and the AAs European emergency cover phone number on the card supplied could not be accessed in Europe! NO you dont need to re-read that!. The said AA refunded my cover and years subscription, and yes I mended the car myself. My wife thought I was ace. She has now had a re-think gnf

nj673:

--- Quote from: Al on May 13, 2012, 10:32 pm ---I had a wheel come off a car once ??? .  Really weird feeling the wobble just before the wheel came off and overtook me :( .  It was a big wheel (rear wheel on a beach buggy) 
--- End quote ---

Same here! beach buggy too !(GP Hustler)

Gordon

Kip:
Does not driving like a knob includes the hovercraft as well.
If so, then maybe it's time for a B/S transplant.

Kip :-*

rossfloyd:
It took me a week to sort out the trailer on the Sev I bought - and that looked aparently roadworthy !  Its the same with boat trailers - people spend huge sums on the boat and forget the trailer - yet often spend more time towing the thing than they ever do sailing it ! 

Hover trailers get a lot more abuse as the craft take longer to drain off and keep the deck and the chassis nicely covered in salt water and mud for much longer.

The ( sorted ) Sev trailer is still for sale if anyone wants it as I haven't got round to moving the craft off it yet because it keeps raining  :'(  Gill is getting a bit  iffy about the amount of 'stuff' in the garden so I'm open to offers to keep the peace.  See the for sales if interested!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version