implanecrazy

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 11:05 am »

Looking good Al m8 like how you did the front stringer attachment.

That's how all sevs are done as far as I know.  The surveyor is for sure.  The only problem I found with doing it this way on the explorer is that the top hard point gets cut out :o , so I shall have to cut a plug into the stringer next week and use a screw instead of a bolt to hold that part of the skirt.

I am ordering 2 fan shrouds from Bryan Phillips and a roof hoop kit.  Lots of money when delivery & import duty added.

So far I have used approx 70 ltrs of resin.  I have the two H16 panels ready made, so well over half the hull made now ;D .

Next week I shall be making the helm & bow panels, then I can look at making the windscreen moulding.  After Loch Fyne I shall be at the rear end, so I better get on and find an engine ???

I'm going to give the floor panel inside and the lower halves of H8 & H7's  another layer of 300 matt & cloth, but haven't figured out yet how I am going to do it in one go.  Probably have to do it in two goes as I wont be able to get in the craft to lay on the cloth once the matt is down.  The underside will be easy to give another layer, as I will be able to get to it from either side.

I'm looking forward to seeing your build in June, so make sure the kettle is on ;D

scott weatherall

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 10:29 am »

Looking good Al m8 like how you did the front stringer attachment.

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 6:26 am »

that is the price we have to pay up here  ;D ;D ;D
Al I enjoyed that. it must be hell going out side with you tea in hand,then you have to look at that view.
hell sheer hell.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 6:25 am »

Al I enjoyed that. it must be hell going out side with you tea in hand,then you have to look at that view.
hell sheer hell.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 6:22 am »

great work AL the video is magic for comparisons crack on and power tae yer elbow ;D ;D ;D

implanecrazy

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 11:30 pm »

Here is the next video of my build.  Nothing will be cone now for another week as I'm back on shift tomorrow morning :( .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf3hRLtL9f0#ws