Linked Events

• Annual Scottish Hoverin 2012: Jun 02, 2012 - Jun 10, 2012Please login or register to sign up for this event.
« Reply #51 on: Jun 08, 2012, 8:12 pm »

theres been a lot of talk about the new craft, but hows the hovering been? all very quiet this year!
National Sarcasm Society - like we need your support
http://www.patsure.com

gavinparson

« Reply #50 on: Jun 05, 2012, 9:02 am »

I've not seen one at an event since '91

scott weatherall

« Reply #49 on: Jun 04, 2012, 11:43 pm »

A chap called Gordon if I remember correct,nice guy to chat to, his craft was mint fraser loves it he took lots of pics and said
that made his weekend, so thanks gordon for that  ;)

scott weatherall

« Reply #48 on: Jun 04, 2012, 11:28 pm »

Great pics Scotty. It looks like it's been a good hoverday as I have been sat here with green envious eyes everytime a hovercraft has passed us on the Loch. I have spent most of the day writting notes about jobs to do on my build when I get home and the Otter has given me lots of ideas.
I've been in the shed all afternoon m8 I'm gaggin to get flying ;D yes the new craft looked awsome flying in to camp they rocks were big but they all got over them ok. I'm hoping after the event is over I may get a  chance of a few flying lessons in a large craft as I don't think there is a training day for explorer's 8)

gavinparson

« Reply #47 on: Jun 04, 2012, 11:15 pm »

Who's is the Eagle?

scott weatherall

« Reply #46 on: Jun 04, 2012, 11:07 pm »

good snaps scotty but is finlays hat classed as advertising lolol
As my m8 kev always says DILLIGAF 8)

studlyone

« Reply #45 on: Jun 04, 2012, 11:05 pm »

Great pics Scotty. It looks like it's been a good hoverday as I have been sat here with green envious eyes everytime a hovercraft has passed us on the Loch. I have spent most of the day writting notes about jobs to do on my build when I get home and the Otter has given me lots of ideas.

« Reply #44 on: Jun 04, 2012, 11:03 pm »

good snaps scotty but is finlays hat classed as advertising lolol

scott weatherall

« Reply #43 on: Jun 04, 2012, 10:22 pm »

more photos

scott weatherall

« Reply #42 on: Jun 04, 2012, 10:21 pm »

I popped down to the scottish hovering and just spent the weekend at Argyll caravan park, A few day's away for the family and a chance for myself to meet some of the guys: Trev, Gordon,Ian,Al and family,Steve,John and Johns son.  Hope I got everyone - oh and also Ian speakman and family,  Ians dad and mum drove up nonstop from the midlands they must have been knackered so I hope the weather stays good for the rest of there holiday,
It was good to meet you all sorry I could not stay longer hope the weather holds good for you all over the week
My two boys loved the ride in the Prospector; Fraser was a tad unsure to begin with but Finlay was squealing his head off with laughter as we went sideway's down the slipway at speed with the spray soaking him. I was to busy watching finlay going nuts but the experience was my first in a hover and its put me into top gear to get the build going,

« Reply #41 on: Jun 04, 2012, 4:46 am »

Hope everyone has a great time!  I thought I was going to be able to make it over, but I recently had 2 big mechanical expenditures on the Jeep & Jetta, so that, and the 6300 mile round trip from Florida to Washington to pick up my Fan-Tastic just put the Scotland event out of touch for me this time.  Hopefully next time....
Cheers,
John Carter
www.hovernut.com
Hoverclub of America, Amphibious Marine & SEVTEC Kits

studlyone

« Reply #40 on: Jun 03, 2012, 8:00 pm »

Just had a visit from the guys staying further down the Loch and got to see the new beastie on the block. Very nice work guys it looks amazing and is certainly going to turn a few heads out and about.
The last time my dad saw a hovercraft was up at Lesiure Lakes near Southport racing around and he was amazed at how quiet all of the visiting craft were. Things are definitely going in the right direction there.
Hope everyone does some great cruising in the following days. :)

« Reply #39 on: Jun 03, 2012, 4:51 pm »

just back from the meet ,had to cut it short do severe pain in lower back and leg,scotty and grand kids managed a wee trip thanks to Jr, not good weather conditions up here to windy at present even for the big boys but saw snaps of a brand new craft ,outstanding well done the builder

« Reply #38 on: Jun 02, 2012, 4:12 pm »

I'm a

z

zll packed ready to leave at #*$% O clock tomorrow morning. See you all around lunchtime.
Ian Brooks
Gloucester, UK

studlyone

« Reply #37 on: Jun 02, 2012, 3:38 pm »

Just arrived and the sun is out and its a grand day. I guess i shouldnt believe everything i read about Scotland, not a penguin or polar bear in sight.

It was nice to meet up with Sandy, Scotty and Al. Im looking forward to seeing any hovercraft that stop by during the week.